Home

Can't Launch KotOR II - "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive..."

MayonnaiseOreo

I just installed my disc version of Knights of the Old Republic II and after installing TSLRCM, I keep getting this message:

oH6Vlg4

"Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive:.?"

I did try to start the game before installing TSLRCM and it seemed to work fine. The launcher starts up just fine but when I try to start the game I get that message. I've installed the official patch and I'm running everything on Windows 7 64-bit in XP SP 2 compatibility mode and as an administrator. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Can somebody please help? I'm excited to finally play the restored content but now it seems that I won't be able to.

Edit: Embedded image doesn't seem to be working properly so here's the Imgur link - http://imgur.com/oH6Vlg4

• 2 months later...

were you using a SCSI CD drive?

"The developers of StarForce, SecuROM and SafeDisc decided to blacklist all SCSI drives" [1]

if you do own a spare IDE/SATA CD drive then go for it.

if not-- buying an extra drive just for kotor2 is a waste,

i'd rather use Daemon Tools Pro to clone the disk and mount it to an IDE virtual drive.

(make sure the drive type is IDE. In menu bar of Daemon Tools Pro, Tools -> Virtual Device Manager -> Add IDE Adapter)

[1] SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4

[2] Reclaim your Game: Securom TECH FAQ

Archived