Home

KOTOR 2 windowed mode windows 8- graphics issues

pinyatahead7

Im at my wits end. My game is continually giving graphical errors- the screen is covered in flickering surfaces and constantly reappearing geometric shapes- its unplayable like this. I really need help with this. Im running KOTOR 2 in windows 8 off of my CD rom version; its worked fairly well so far, got some mods, the gameplay is working, no major bugs except this. I've seen that the issue I've had is solved by making the game windowed, and for the last couple of days ive tried everything i can to do this; ive edited the .ini file, ive tried to edit the cd itself, yet nothing has any effect on the game- it remains full screen, and the unbearable glitches and bugs are still there. Can somebody please help me fix this, i really want to play this game, and ive invested so much time in trying to get it to work, and this is just incredibly frustrating.

Thanks

edit: I just opened KOTOR2 to find it in windowed mode. Unfortunately, loading one of my save files, i found the exact same issue was occurring-texture issues and geometric shapes. I also tried a new game and had the same problem immediately

Help?

Archived