Home

Romance/Gender options?

Hexiva

I looked around to see if this had been asked before or if there was a tutorial, but I couldn't see one - if this has been asked before, it was a long long time ago. Basically, I was wondering if someone could give me a rundown on finding/editing the game's gender options - i.e., removing gender checks before romance to allow for bisexuality, writing a new romance that could be restricted to only one gender, having NPCs make sexist remarks. I have some idea of what code I would need to change, but I don't really know where in the game to find that code. What I'd really like is a tutorial on how to make something like the Fem!Revan/Bastilla mod, but anything you can do to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Okay, having re-read the tutorials and information here, I now recognize that the answer to my previous question is probably "in the conditional scripts for each individual .dlg file." I suppose I assumed that there would be one or two global variables for this, but that was incorrect. With this in mind, I now have two different questions about scripting/dialogue:

1. How do I locate the specific .dlg file I wish to edit? Let's say if I want to edit Bastilla's first conversation with the PC, how would I go about finding that file?
  2. Having found the .dlg file I desire, how do I locate the script attached? For example, the .dlg file I'm looking at right now lists "k_ptar_yun20" as the script to run for this node - how would I go about finding "k_ptar_yun20" in the game files?

There seems to be pretty thorough documentation on how to make one's own content, but not as much about how to edit the existing content, which is odd because I would've thought the latter was easier

EDIT: Pardon me for double-posting, I forgot that was against the rules. I'll be more careful in the future. Additionally, I've figured out the answer to question number 2, but now I can't figure out how to open the script I've found. If I open it in a text editor all I get is gibberish; if I open it in Kotor Tool all I get is slightly more legible gibberish. It's probable that this 'gibberish' is just code I can't read, but the code I mostly see on this forum when discussing modding looks more like standard code - something like "if VARIABLE == 0 then {}" rather than "NCS V1.0B 7 TAR_SITHARMORPLOT E " which is what I'm getting here.

• 2 weeks later...

It's very likely that you found the .ncs script file, or the compiled script. If you have Java on your computer, then you can get DeNCS from the mod tools list here. It can decompile the script and make it easier to read. It's relatively simple to understand.

Let us know if this works for you.

Archived