Home

curse of monkey island

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by DeadEyeDave:

me, it was the greatest part, to bad my cd of the game broke because of my little DAMN brother...!!! and ii cant get it anywhere now even not on the internet because i do not live in US

I thought it was awsome...but to short

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've played MI1 & MI2. I've played the demo of MI3.

Can anyone explain to me the in-between?

1: guybrush is under a curse and is being led through his past by his haunting brother Chucky. Elaine still thinks he is a looser, and the Big Whoop is a ticked that reads "E"

The Voodoo woman said that the Big Whoop held powers. ?!?!

2: next, in MI 3 (from what is said) guybrush is in LeChuck's ship, has a chance with elaine, and is under no spell.

Can someone fill in the gap?

(more like the grand canyon)

• 3 weeks later...

"Can anyone explain to me the in-between?"

Oh, well, this is how I understand the situation. Might not be entirely true, by the way, I am not the most observant guy around, and my English is not perfect either. Anyway:

Guybrush seemingly "returned to real life" after MI2. But that's not the truth! Actually, the great powers of Big Whoop (partially to be deducted from the remaining part of MI3) allowed LeChuck to cast an eeevil curse on poor Guybrie to be mesmerised in the Carneval of the Damned, a totally illusiory, nightmarish vision.

However, or Guybrush is not just your average hero, and managed to escape the curse! He doesn't know exactly how, either. But he got away with a little amnesia concerning the Carneval and a sore head and he was free! Free to roam the seas of the Carribean... in a lone dodgem... errr.... boat... without food and drink... just a small diary.

Well, that's the introductory scene to MI3. And then the ghost ship of LeChuck runs into the boat of Guybrush while being engaged in a very special siege... well, and from here on, that's another story.

Hope this was not too blurry!

------------------

Glowface

Gnomish Master of Tales and Tricks

at your service.

GlowAlmostReal.jpg

DONT READ ANY FURTHER IF U HAVENT SEEN/WANT TO SEE MI3 INTRODUCTORY CUTSCENE

Originally posted by Glowface:

"Can anyone explain to me the in-between?"

However, or Guybrush is not just your average hero, and managed to escape the curse! He doesn't know exactly how, either.

actually, yes he does. he escaped in a bumper car accident. he tells it in the introductory cutscene in MI3

But he got away with a little amnesia concerning the Carneval and a sore head and he was free! Free to roam the seas of the Carribean... in a lone dodgem... errr.... boat... without food and drink... just a small diary.

he does have a lot of food floting in the sea, including a bottle of spring water, some fruits, and a big chicken on a mug of grog, but he is too "concentrate in his diary" (by that i mean DUMB) to notice it biggrin.gif

Well, that's the introductory scene to MI3. And then the ghost ship of LeChuck runs into the boat of Guybrush while being engaged in a very special siege... well, and from here on, that's another story.

well, LeChuck's ship wasnt moving, so we should say that guybrush's "boat" (hes floating on a bumper car) ran into LC's. LC is actually trying to get a date with Elaine, but as she said, "Undead demonic evil-doing people-slaughtering zombie-ghost-pirate" is not her type. biggrin.gif

SORRY IF I CAME TO HARD Glowface tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

filme___al_back_from_the_big_whoop_03.gif

Well, u know. the trip wasnt really like its showing, i had to make it comic... u know... no one kicked me out... well, just this guy... i mean an army of undead koalas and some evil forces from hell!!!!!!... and this mushroom... well the mushrooms were the evil forces of hell... mushroom, singular... ok forget the koalas... WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME????? KEEP READING THE FORUM, NEVERMIND THIS!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Al-back from the BigWhoop (edited October 11, 2001).]

Archived