Home

Howdy...about MI2...

Kighr

Hey hey...I was wondering...Did monkey Island 2 grow big? Because this is what happened with me, I saw the preview on the back of a LucasArts game, and was waiting...it never came to a store....and i waited...and waited...after years, I called LucasArts and it had already been taken off the shelves! I ordered a cheap copy, and have owned it for many years...so my question is was it ever a big game in stores? Or did most that own it have to order it like I did?

Adios,

-Kighr

Guest ZeroXcape

I also bought mine in a store. It was popular, but nothing like CMI.

ZeroXcape

zeroxcape@escapemi.com

I bought SMI and MI2 in the Lucasarts vault volume 3. I hadn't heard of it before. The reason I bought it was for Full Throttle and Dark Forces. But, after beating both games I tried SMI. I loved it. I didn't enjoy MI2 as much, but still played through it. I received CMI for Christmas when it came out and I've played through it at least three times. Currently the Monkey Island series is my favorite along with the Warcraft series. I'm sure EMI will not dissapoint.

I loved MI2 slightly MORE than SMI if anything. iMuse was brilliant and the music was amazing (if anyone knows where I can get a version of it with proper instruments as an MP3 please mail me at moribundman@hotmail.com !). The best thing about MI2 is the darkness of it. It's grittier, messes around with the established interface a bit and has all the voodoo stuff there. Go and buy a copy! (I'm just pissed I can't run half the old Lucasarts games on my modern PC!)

------------------

---

So speaketh Moribundman...

Archived