Home

Isn't there a site where you can download the first 2 Monkey island games?

Mr X

Sorry, but there is no legal way of downloading the full games. There are sites were you can do this but these are ILLEGAL and any links posted to them on is forum will lead to the message being deleted and the possible termination of accounts. Sorry!

Guest El Pollo Diablo

Try to keep software pirating off of the forums please as ZeroXcape has said before.

------------------

grumble, bleedin, grumble, americans/canadians/Aussies

Madre de Dios es El Pollo Diablo - Captain Blondbeard

Translated - Mother of God the Chicken Devil

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by newfoundgloryboy:

thats the only reason i posted the underdog link, its for abandonware and to my knowledge they were abandon ware, sorry

FYI, Abandonware is when a game doesn't make the company who created it earn any money from it (only related to selling the actual game, not royalties or stuff). Which doesn't apply to MI. You can still buy it in the shops, they're now selling the first three chapters together at a ridiculous price...

p.s. I'm not against or pro piracy, I just wanted to let you know about this great offer... you know... the three games, together, with the package and all... wow! (shame I'm not gonna buy cause I already have them all frown.gif

------------------

This is my friend Picol. He always says only what he thinks, this is way he never speaks.

-[masatomo ueda 2000]-

Guest ZeroXcape

While I have said before that EscapeMI.com does not condone piracy (downloading games) and we will usually close/delete posts with sites to download the games: I do not mind people asking because LucasArts does not sell the first two MI games. In fact, the only time you ever see the games anymore are in magazine demos. LucasArts shouldn't get mad at people wanting to play the originals if they don't even sell the games in their company store.

For legal alternatives, the best place to check is EBAY (www.ebay.com). The problem with Ebay is, usually it isn't even legit.

------------------

ZeroXcape

EMI.com Webmaster

zeroxcape@escapemi.com

thanks for being open minded, the first 2 mi games were trend setters for the adv game genere, and if u cannot buy them anymore, people shouldnt have to suffer because of that, anyone who wants to experience these great games should be able to, and DAMN WELL BETTER....i mean...enjoy them.

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

stop reaching for the stars, they are REALLY REALLY far away and made of FIRE!

Originally posted by ZeroXcape:

In fact, the only time you ever see the games anymore are in magazine demos

wait a second! The games ARE still on sale... even on the LEC website... not by themselves, of course, but in the various compilations of games... which means they ARE NOT abandonware...

------------------

This is my friend Picol. He always says only what he thinks, this is way he never speaks.

-[masatomo ueda 2000]-

Archived