Home

TSL transiton mod help

Garo64

Hi every one i am tring to make a mod that I could not find any where

I am trying to make A DS to LS transition Appearance mod for HK-47 T3M4 and Hanharr

After i finished the textures and started poking around the permanence.2da file and the other 2Da files i found out that the Heads.2da file dose not include the heads for the 3 party NPC so i got stuck cos all the tutorials i have found include the editing of the Heads.2da

So if can someone here help would be nice

Those NPCs don't have heads. Their models are one piece, with the head built into the body model. Thus, you can't do a standard set of transition textures for them.

You should be able to create a Dark Side texture for them, which, assuming they shift to evil, the game should use like it does for anyone else, but I can't guarantee it as I've never actually tried to apply alternate textures to those guys before.

The fields are all there (in appearance.2da), and in fact, there's several 'evil' textures available, but since body textures are all dependent on which armor a character is wearing, you'd really only need one for the 'texaevil' column unless you also modify them to use armors of various 'classes', in which case you could point their model for that class to use the base model, but change the textures to something customized.

At least, that's my assumption of how it would work. I haven't actually started messing with modding K2 much yet, as I'm too busy with K1 at the moment, but I'm pretty sure those things are pretty much the same for both games.

-Kitt

Yeah thing is where to assign the texture for dark side cos they only have one texture T3 has 2 but also 2 models one is for prologue tutorial

The thing is i cant use the folders in appearance.2da cos it would need an armor and i don't want that the other thing is i cant even find what is assigning the normal texture to the model

every tutorial refers to Heads.2da for aiding textures even one texture

Right, for any character that actually has a separate head model, you use the heads.2da file to add several (usually 4) entries for the various stages of a dark-side shift. That only has to do with head/face textures though, and even those characters only have one light side and one dark side texture for their base (no armor/clothing) body model.

If you want to make a dark side texture for the characters you named, let's take Hanharr as an example.

First you'll want to copy his base texture "P_Hanharr" and save it as something like "P_HanharrD". TGA format works fine. Where you put that after you edit your new texture is in the row for Party_NPC_Hanharr in appearance.2da, which has an index label of 511. You want to go over to the right and find the "texaevil' column, and change the "****" you see there to read the name of your new texture: "P_HanharrD". Now if you shift his alignment evil enough, and he's not wearing armor, he should use your new texture, but since you only get the one box, it's just light or dark, no shifting through 5 phases.

I'm not positive if the droids would work the same way or not, because I haven't looked at exactly how their model files reference textures. I Would try doing the same thing though. Just copy their base textures to one with a D on the end of the name, and enter the name of that texture (without the file extension) in the 'texaevil' column for their row in the 2da file.

If it's going to work without having to hex edit their model files or something more involved, that should work, though again, I haven't personally looked closely at how their models access textures, and I'm not sure if anyone's tried this before or not.

While you're in appearance.2da, have a look at the column labeled "modeltype". If it says "B", that means the character on that row has a real, separate head model (and therefore also has a row in heads.2da), so you should be able to do normal DS transitions for them if they don't already exist. Anything with a modeltype of F, S, or L probably doesn't have an actual head model, so the best you can hope without some serious modeling work would be what I explained above for Hanharr.

-Kitt

Ha i think i got a way around i put it in the underwear folders that should allow me to ad 2 textures you are a life saver i was killing my self over this almost a day :D it works and also i found the primary texture for HKit was in the racetex row and the other had it in the underwear modela

its just as you said :D in the last post

Glad you got things working. :)

Remember, if you make a new texture for the first 'underwear' slot, that's going to be for light side or neutral. With body textures, you really can't make them shift. They use one until they're "evil enough" and then they use the evil one.

In other words, if you change that first underwear slot "texa", it will probably never use their "base" texture again, and instead it will use your new custom one.

In any case... just keep a good backup for whatever files you work with and play around a bit. You'll figure out what the game will let you do before long, and if everything explodes.. that's what the backup is for. ;)

-Kitt

I am lost hanharr displays only the one texture wont switch to dark and HK is stuck on the evil one i think i will need to do something whit the model

the underwear changes at 25 and 50 on other npcs whit heads

i think i need to sleep for now ti will be a 4 texture replacers and this one will come later

you can check it on steam :D

Archived