Home

Why EMI is so thrilling

_Obsidian_NIR

Because it is actually the only REAL monkey island game along with MI1. Remember! MI is not the story of Guybrush Threepwood and Elaine. It is not the story about trying to find the big whoop. It is not a lazy-worked idea which suggests that the REAL secret is that it was only a figment of a childs imagination. It is the STORY of Monkey Island, its secrets, its traps, its volcano, its monkeys. I think tha MI2 was a bad MI game since it had nothing to do with MI (no MI at all). It was just a Pirate Game, a plain pirate quest (a thrilling one but just a quest that has nothing to do with MI). In EMI we meet the true dimension of Mi as we did in MI1. And I do not want to think in what stupid way Ron Gilbert would have ended the story (smply presenting everything as a bad dream)

NOTE:not that EMI's ending was even better, but the presence on MI was exciting

Originally posted by Largo:

Because it is actually the only REAL monkey island game along with MI1.

yeah, I suppose you're right... I agree with you

------------------

This is my friend Picol. He always says only what he thinks, this is way he never speaks.

-[masatomo ueda 2000]-

but we HAVE been to Monkey Island in all the games...

SMI & EMI are obvious...

LCR - Guybrush was under some sort of voodoo spell, & the scene at the end IS the Carnival of the Damned

CMI - Again, The Carnival... ITS ON MONKEY ISLAND!!!

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

Guest Guybrush112

I didn't like MI2 so much because it wasn't so pirate related. I mean, no swordfighting, no ships, no pirate talk!!! MI1 was excellent! And I agree when you say EMI is the only REAL MI game since MI1

------------------

"You may have seen me in your nightmares. I'm THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"

"Yipe."--Figurehead &

Guybrush

Archived