Home

About H.T. Marley..

Michael Dodson

The only problem I have with HT Marley is this... In the original Monkey Island, Herman was said to have sailed with uhm... The guy in the tree... but, I'd have to replay the game to find out his exact name.

At any rate, this kinda defeats the MI5 explaination, as trying to have HT travel to Melee, then join up w/ *Mumble*, and then cook a weird Voodoo stew to get *BACK* to Monkey Island, kinda streches the imagination.

Well, I'll leave it to you ppl to use the reconstructive history of a comic book writer to explain this inconsistency, but as for myself. I think I'm going to ponder out the mysteries of the other pipe that fisherman had... (See Monkey Island 2 for more details...)

Bob Shrimp

------------------

You: What is the Secret of Monkey Island?

Me: The secret is, is that there is no secret.

You: Huh? But what about Big Whoop, the Three-Headed Monkey, and/or The Big Honking Monkey Robot?

Me: Oh *THOSE*. Well you really can't call them secrets now, can you?

You: Huh?

Me: Well everyone knows about them now, don't they?

You: Well I guess...

Me: See, there you go. Since they're not secrets anymore, there is *NO* Secret of Monkey Island. So what has this taught you?

You: Never to spend, $39.99 on a computer game.

Me: Tsk, Tsk, BAD MONKEY!!! *Whack!* Besides, that was more or less a direct steal from an answer to the first Monkey Island game!

[This message has been edited by Bob Shrimp (edited November 25, 2000).]

Guest Guybrush112

OMG!!!!!!!!! (spoilers) when Herman says he is Elaine's grandfather he explains how he got there and blablablabla, BUT! Horatio Torquamada Marley can't be it. (I mean it is but there is a whole in the plot). In SOMI Guybrush finds the dusty old bookon his ship. It was the captains log. It said "First mate TOOTHROT has set sail!" blablablabla..."I wish TOOTHROT would stop snoring." This is impossible as herman said to be washed up on MI and THEN lost his memory. But the log was clearly written on ship! A-HA!

------------------

"You may have seen me in your nightmares. I'm THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"

"Yipe."--Figurehead &

Guybrush

Originally posted by Bob Shrimp:

I think I'm going to ponder out the mysteries of the other pipe that fisherman had... (See Monkey Island 2 for more details...)

I always thought it was a spare he might have had in his pocket.

(OK, I admit its pretty lame ..! )

------------------

A pirate I was meant to be,

Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Well, it's not entirely impossible for H.T. to have made up his name from someone he knew... How many people would have come up with a name like Toothrot if they've never heard it before?

------------------

"Show me a man who's gentle and kind, and I'll show you a loser."

-Meet the Parents

speaking of the captains log in mi1, try giving it to herman, i got an interesting responce in the mac version. something like "dont u have something more original" idk it may have been a fluke.

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

I have a theory about ants. I figure that if I step on every ant I see, then eventually by natural selection the ants will evolve to avoid me. It may take a few million years, but I'm patient.

I have a similar theory about voting against the presidential candidates who equally annoy me, but they evolve even more slowly.

Well, Herman DID have that ship in SMI 1, and since his Hermit-ness was a little lax (Who ever heard of a Hermit with a ship?) I'd ***ume after he got stranded on Monkey Island the first time, he got together a crew of gullible fools to go back with him.

Archived