Home

"Easy" and "Difficult" game settings, no longer implimented?

Starman

Remember in the other editions of Monkey Island you could select "Regular Puzzles" or "Harder Puzzles". It's the same game but harder? I didn't have this option when I started the game. Does it have to do with the intro scene before ACT 1? Someone please clarity this because I don't want to complete the game on "easy" =)

Thanks

they made the game only one difficulty setting because they figured that only people, like yourself, that are verterans to the series and lucasarts adventure games as a whole would buy this game. So making an "easy" setting was unessesary coz no one would want to play an easier setting coz they all know what to expect, in theory. I wish they had made EFMI longer tho because with the old ones it gave it replay value to play it on easy first and then go back and do the new puzzles on hard mode thus making the game longer.

------------------

Hey, it's timmy the monkey....how did he get here?

Well actually, Monkey Island 1 didn't have a Easy & Difficult mode (at least to my knowledge) and Monkey Island 2's difficult mode was cut out of Monkey Island Maddness.

So what I'm just pointing out here is that not *EVERY* Monkey Island had a Difficult setting...

(Not sure about the disk version of Monkey Island 1, but at one time I *DID* own the original CD version of MI, so I'm sure *THAT* didn't have a Difficult version...)

Bob Shrimp

------------------

You: What is the Secret of Monkey Island?

Me: The secret is, is that there is no secret.

You: Huh? But what about Big Whoop, the Three-Headed Monkey, and/or The Big Honking Monkey Robot?

Me: Oh *THOSE*. Well you really can't call them secrets now, can you?

You: Huh?

Me: Well everyone knows about them now, don't they?

You: Well I guess...

Me: See, there you go. Since they're not secrets anymore, there is *NO* Secret of Monkey Island. So what has this taught you?

You: Never to spend, $39.99 on a computer game.

Me: Tsk, Tsk, BAD MONKEY!!! *Whack!* Besides, that was more or less a direct steal from an answer to the first Monkey Island game!

The CD of Monkey Island 1 does not have a dufficulty setting. MI2 in Monkey Island Madness is set not on easy, but difficult. I know this becuase I have an MI value pack(sorta like MI Madness) and I have seen the walkthrough for both of MI2's difficulty settings and my friend has the MI1 CD and I have played it without encountering any difficulty settings.

------------------

How do I get off this #&$*@'n island?!!

-Guybrush Marley-Threepwood

Archived