Home

Something terribly wrong!

Jojo Jr

I just finished playing SOMI again, (for the 5th time or something, after not playing it for 3 years...) and I realized something -

Carla, Otis, and Meethook didn't even had to ESCAPE FROM MONKEY ISLAND,

They returned with Guybrush with the same ship they came with! (Because they were out of sunscreen)...

And there are other holes I discovered...

- Meethook only talks about his tatoo rutine in SOMI, he never really showed it (like he does on EMI).

- Jojo (Sr) can't be the monkey who Guybrush trained to open the monkey's head gate, because he plays the piano in the bar in MI2

- (*SPOILER*) inside the monkey's head there is a big cave with lava in it, not a robot's mechanism.

Could any of you explain these?

------------------

-------------------------

Aak Eek Chee for you, from Jojo Jr.!

If you ask Herman what happened to the caverns of heck(after you hit him with the milk bottle, but before the accordion), he'll say that they mysterisouly sealed up after Guybrush left the island. "Good thing too. We were losing a lot monkeys down there."

Am I the only one who knows this confused.gif

------------------

I know exactly what the real secret of monkey island is. I'll tell you.

The real secret of monkey island is... hold on, there's someone at my door. This will only take a second...

HOLY ****! It's Lucasarts! They know where I am!

I must tell you the secret before I am taken away!

The real secret of monkey island is... NOOOO!

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

<User has been deleted>

-"They returned with Guybrush with the same ship they came with! (Because they were out of sunscreen)..."

Depends on how you played SOMI. If you fire the boulders from the cliffs on Monkey Island, one can hit the ship - and at the end of the game you see Otis, Meathook and Carla trapped in the cannibal's hut.

-"Meathook only talks about his tattoo routine in SOMI, he never really showed it (like he does on EMI)"

Meathook DOES show the tattoo trick in SOMI, explore the dialogue choices a bit more to get him to do it.

-"Jojo (Sr) can't be the monkey who Guybrush trained to open the monkey's head gate, because he plays the piano in the bar in MI2"

Hey, Guybrush travels from island to island, why not Jojo? smile.gif

-"(*SPOILER*) inside the monkey's head there is a big cave with lava in it, not a robot's mechanism"

Now that IS unexplainable.

First of all, the monkey in Monkey Island 2 is *NOT* the same monkey as the one in Monkey Island 1. They don't even look the same!

As far as the whole Monkey Robot thing goes, well its a bit of a strech, but I guess the whole Monkey Island 4 explaination works well enough. Basically, in MI1 you're just seeing tons of meat that LeChuck has tossed around to make the entrance to his home look more foreboding. So basically, we've never really seen the innards of the big Monkey Head, until now...

Bob Shrimp

- Did anyone else notice that the Q-tip was in the wrong ear? Maybe that's how it got stuck, y'think?

q-tip in monkey head's left ear (respectivly to the monky head, as it would pertain to a human head) means there are caverns o hell and meat underneath the ground when the head is opened

when u change from the left ear to the right ear, the caverns close up and there is suddenly a huge robotic monkey underneath.

and THAT has to be it!

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

America was founded on three basic principles, Liberty, Equality and FRATERNITY PARTIES!!

Bob Shrimp,

(quote: )"Hey, Guybrush travels from island to island, why not Jojo? "

Didn't you pay attention to what Jojo Jr. said about his father? he never let go of the switch and THAT'S why he died, so how can he play the piano on a different island between.

about the other explations: thanks for the ship thing, i just didn't shoot it because i remembered i need to shoot the banana tree.

and thanks for the meathook thing, but I didn't find the thingie anywhere...

and i'll try the bob thing as well (he is the skelleton, LeChuck's assistance).

Herman explains the Monkeyhead...

LeChuck blew up the carnival, which woke the volcano, which caused seismic vibrations, which collapsed the heck tunnels (herman says that the passage was sealed that way) & revealed the robot passage...

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

Archived