Home

Senate Rough First Draft - in proper forum..

Paragon_Leon

There should be 10 senators. That is a nice even number.

Then Paragon Leon could be our first Chancellor. He would be the deciding vote in case of a tie.

There should be a new election for senators about every 2 months. Senators should have two terms in a row maximum so the governing body wont be like an aristocracy and so others will have a chance to be apart of the government.

There should be an election for chancellor/head senator every 3 months. The maximum should be one term in a row to prevent a dictatorship.

People should be able to run for both chancellor and senator, but if he/she wins both that person must relenquish one position.

The senators should always listen to the members of the forum and not use their power for their own benefit.

Forum members not possesing a spot in the government should lobby their opinions to senators. Lobby means to express ones interest opinions to people in authority.

Each senators should have his own board to take messages from people who want their needs recognized in senatorial meetings.

Hey guys, take my opinions into consideration. I havent been on the forum for a while, but I always look at what is going on on the board.

What do u think about my suggestions Paragon?

Guest Tie Guy

Hold it there Kobi, we gotta think long-term. If we have terms, then tons of new people will be in the senate very often. No one will know what they are doing, and the senate won't run properly.

Also, elections every 2 months will get WAY too confusing. Especially if you have only 2 terms. What happens when all of the people that actually want to be in the senate can't run anymore? What will we do then? We will have no senate, and no one that can be in the senate. I like the idea of senators for life or until impeachment. That way, we always have a solid base of people who know what they are doing. We can add more, but you should have to run every 2 months. If you really want to have re-elections, then i say it should be

AT LEAST 6 months.

Archived