Home

Rough Draft Readme

Paragon_Leon

The Senate - first draft !

The Galactic Battlegrounds Senate

Rough Draft, Version 1.01

August 20, 2001

My fellow forummers,

Below is the first rough draft of what the Senate would encompass, how it would work and why things are the way they are.

I know from the Proposal-thread that we can debate this for months, and with as many opinions as there are members, it will be impossible to get everyone’s agreement on all aspects of this draft. This is why I’ve given very specific explanations to certain first decisions. There will no doubt be some that don’t agree. If you don’t, I would like for you to do at least two things before making this clear:

- read the explanation given and don’t disregard it off-hand; objections that disregard specific reasons simply lead to a ‘ yes-no’ debate which isn’t really going anywhere. At some point, there has to be a decision.

- Don’t simply object, but think of a constructive, manageable alternative. Keep in mind though, that we have already debated a lot of issues and that this draft comes from those debates. You will find that it has a lot of aspects that came from that debate. We don’t want to debate on the form endlessly. Better to have it up and running and, should we come across a problem, deal with it in a democratic way.

I’ve tried to come up with a set-up that would allow for a fair and equal balance in representation, posting and opportunity. There were no decisions based on personal relationships in the forums. If anyone feels that some decisions were, I would urge them to read my given reasons for that decision and take them at face-value.

I’m closing this thread right after the Draft is online, but will open a response thread so we can all dig in..

Enjoy the read,

Paragon_Leon

Archived