Home

The gate and future Guybrush

maviskaren

I have done the repeat process at the gate of the mysts of thyme with the future Guybrush. He then goes off south taking the key and things with him. The real Guybrush is then left at the north side of the gate with no key and compass indicates south. How does he go south? Is there some point at which the key can be used without going through the black hole.

Originally posted by maviskaren:

I have done the repeat process at the gate of the mysts of thyme with the future Guybrush. He then goes off south taking the key and things with him. The real Guybrush is then left at the north side of the gate with no key and compass indicates south. How does he go south? Is there some point at which the key can be used without going through the black hole.

Isn't the gate open for you?

------------------

anim1819.gif

Something's not right here... and I think you're confusing future and past Guybrush.

Is this the first or second time you got to the gate? What did you do when you got to the gate?

This message really belongs in the Hints and Clues forum, BTW.

------------------

Dancing_Monkey.gif Fine, judge all you want, but... "Left a man at the altar"; "Married a lesbian"; "Fell in love with a gay ice dancer"; "Threw a girl's wooden leg in the fire"; "Live in a box"!

At which point are you able to open the gate.? I have been through the repeat process several times with the future Guybrush. I have been informed that the gate should be open at the end of the sequence. This does not happen.

There was a glitch in this programme at an earlier point, I think this must be another.

?????????????????????

When you are at the gate the first time you need to open the gate for future Guybrush, if you didn't do this then that explains why you can't get past coz past Guybrush has to do exactly what you did before and you didn't open the gate

try starting again from the start of mysts of tyme and when you get to future Guybrush open the gate for him (that's assuming you didn't do it the first time) if you did open the gate for him, then I don't know it could possibly be a bug

------------------

timmya.gif

Originally posted by maviskaren:

I am not confusing present and future Guybrush...........

...and you did not answer my questions. So it's very difficult to help you.

In one trip, you should reach the gate 2 times. When you're encountering the problem, is it the first time at the gate in the trip, or the second time?

What EXACTLY did you do when you first got to the gate? What did the other Guybrush do?

If you were able to get to the gate a second time while on the same trip (i.e. no time vortex), what EXACTLY did you do then?

Describe the things you and the other Guybrush did. We can't help you otherwise, because even though you think you're not confused, doesn't mean you're not, as your original message is written like you are.

------------------

Dancing_Monkey.gif Fine, judge all you want, but... "Left a man at the altar"; "Married a lesbian"; "Fell in love with a gay ice dancer"; "Threw a girl's wooden leg in the fire"; "Live in a box"!

Archived