Home

how big

catpug

Guest ZeroXcape

I don't believe adventures are dead at all. Sure they aren't as popular as they used to be in the past, but that's simply because there is so much to choose from nowadays. Adventures require skill, something that gamers like. The *only* adventure games lack is replay value.

ZeroXcape

EMI Webmaster

They're not at all dead, just not as popular as once. There's still a large enough amount of adventure game fans out there for the genre to live on for a while, and I doubt we'll be seeing the end of the MI series for a good while.

If there is one game that can kick the Adventure genre back into overdrive then it has to EMI/Monkey Island game. However I was in another forum with new gamers and they just wouldnt consider buying EMI or CMI, ofcourse I told them off. Dont talk about MI/adventure games when you really havent experinced their magic.

If EMI is as large as Grim Fandango I will be satisfied with it. I believe anyone that enjoys RPGs would also enjoy adventure games. I found that after playing adventure games and RPGs that the best element of both is the story. If the story is great, the game is great.

Guest Jester

I hope it is longer than CMI. MI is such a great series and playing CMI, i dident want it to end. I agree with the past few posts about the advanture genre. As long as there is dedicated adventure/lucasarts/MI fans like us, it will live on. games like Quake 3 ect will give me qucik fun, but advanture games stay with you for a long time.

Guest ZeroXcape

I also hope it is much longer then Grim Fandango. GF was divided like Monkey Island 2, into 4 sections. In between each section there was a cutscene. Some of the Grim Fandango cutscenes went on, and on ;) That's why they were great. They showed the whole story completly.

------------------

ZeroXcape

EMI.com Webmaster

zeroxcape@escapemi.com

Even though adventure games are said to offer no replay value, I have to disagree. I've played through CMI and GF multiple times to receive every response and not miss any comical hijinks. One wish I would have for EMI is multiple endings. That would get some critics off its back.

• 8 months later...

It's fun to read all this old topics......

The only one I know who use to post nowadays is ZeroXcape.

It's like they're an older generation and have given the forum to us new guys.

It's only our god, and protector(ZeroXcape)left of those original MI fans.

What happened to all those guys.

Is it so that you must get less on this site or what??? Are they all banned??? Or have they changed names???

Kinda stupid post to send but I just wanted to do it.

------------------

storken2.jpg

Archived