Home

Got a question....

Guest PhantomMenace

Guest PhantomMenace

I watched ROTJ like 10 times...and i think i watched ESB like 2 or 3 tiems...but the first Star Wars i never really watched.. I do remember the ending when he swung with liea on that rope but that's about it...so i went out and bought the full box set and watched a new hope from start to finish, this time i was gonna analyze it with a fine tooth comb. I noticed that when Luke goes to Obi Wan's house for the first time, Obi Wan starts to talk to him about the old republic, the force and such... I then noticed that when luke asked Obi Wan about his father, Obi Wan had a strange look in his eye, then C-3P0 abruptly asked to be deactivated. Is there any reason why C-3P0 wanted to be shut off when Obi Wan began to talk about Luke's father or am i just reading into this?

Guest Lord Tirion

Probably just reading into it because I dont think Lucas had any idea about the origins of C-3PO back then. It was also wierd that 3P0 said he didnt know anything about Tatooine when in fact thats where he was created. But good ol' Lucas can take advantage of that by saying his memory was wiped so we will have to see =)

Archived