Home

Escape from Monkey Island for PS2

StarEye

Well, I like playing on a PS2 rather than a PC. That's why. And, yes I've already got a PC-version of both games, but I will definately buy the PS2 version of Escape. Why? Because it's much easier to just put the cd/dvd in the drive and play. Besides, a pc can be used for more than playing, and while I play the PS2, a friend of mine or my fiancee can surf the net, Play another game that's not on PC, write an e-mail, post on this forum etc etc.

Question: Will you or will you not buy the PS2 version of Escape, and if Grim came out on PS2 too, would you buy that one?

Guest El Pollo Diablo

This is the truth.

LUCASARTS MADE MONKEY ISLAND 4 ONLY TO MAKE MONEY TO FUND ****TY STAR WARS GAMES.

------------------

Madre de Dios es El Pollo Diblo - Captain Blondbeard

Translated - Mother of God the Chicken Devil

Originally posted by StarEye:

Well, I like playing on a PS2 rather than a PC. That's why. And, yes I've already got a PC-version of both games, but I will definately buy the PS2 version of Escape. Why? Because it's much easier to just put the cd/dvd in the drive and play. Besides, a pc can be used for more than playing, and while I play the PS2, a friend of mine or my fiancee can surf the net, Play another game that's not on PC, write an e-mail, post on this forum etc etc.

Question: Will you or will you not buy the PS2 version of Escape, and if Grim came out on PS2 too, would you buy that one?

If Grim comes out they should add some new stuff to make it live longer.

------------------

storken2.jpg

I'm going to buy it - heck, when I read the announcement made by lucasarts, I actually returned Escape from Monkey Island to the friend I had borrowed it from, and said that I'll buy it for my ps2. Why?

It might have some new easter eggs on ps2.

It might have new scenes.

It just might be little longer and harder.

And I want to support LucasArts anyway smile.gif

------------------

megamsigsm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New audiences won't be pulled towards the MI series as you don't truly understand the plot unless you play the first three, as there is a lot of reference to the other games, the only people who are going to buy it are probably people who have played it on a pc. I doubt it will be a big game for ps2.

Actually it wil have a smattering of new enhancements for the PS2, including:

-new, bold-face easier to read font

-increased polygon models for characters thanks to PS2's extra processing power

-improved version of Murrayball

-inclusion of a minigame that didn't make it to the final cut for PC (I forget what it

was called)

...maybe some others...

I agree with Afish01...besides that I don't want to read text from my TV,it's too hard. (I like text mode on beucase I am not native speaker of english,and there is not local edition for Hebrew)

Archived