Home

My first real multiplayer-battle..

Paragon_Leon

Well, last night was the moment of truth; my first real multiplayer-battle; conquest-style..

and guess what ? I WON !

It was a 50 min. battle with some nice moments.. eventually i won because of my posession of 5 Holocrons.. it gave me an edge later on.. We avoided the monument to be able to get a regular game..

and now i'm ever more enthusiastic about the game.. it's AWESOME ! Graphics are good, AOK-style gameplay is as it should be, and the sheer FUN that i had is testimony to the fact that this is Star Wars' finest hour..

For me, the real test would be to see how much fun multiplayer would be... and it passed with high marks. Even my friend who got thrashed afterwards admitted that he started to like the game !! (he had some hard comments when he played it the first time).

So that's 1 win, 0 losses.. RM-style.

Well, ok, one little teeny gripe:

it takes AAAAGES for a simply trooper to be built. Slower than AOK, while units move faster as a whole.. that makes it a little frustrating when you see a few units advancing on your base and you just know you're not even going to get one unit built before they're there...

please fix that, Gaber..

Jeez I got hammered in my first multiplayer game, I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I've now played 4 won 2 lost 2, but still have lots to learn :)

Someone somewhere wrote that those who are deep into AOK will be at a disadvantage learning the tricks of GB... but they are dead wrong.

I almost played the interface blindfolded with my first game; it's that similar. And the rest is the same too.. Resource management is so easy because of the color-codes etc..

it's a feast !

Guest WC_heavyarms
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

Well, ok, one little teeny gripe:

it takes AAAAGES for a simply trooper to be built.

Wrong. Make a power core, you get one like every 15 secs.

Guest WC_heavyarms

And to answer the original question, yes, it does find a while to find COMPETENT players. I am a good host. LoC_heavyarms is my name, I always play tech 3 start matches.

Guest daveman309

Being a hardcore AOK Rmer i woul have to say this game is extremely easy to pick up. My frist MP game was 2 vs 2 Newbies. I tohught yeah i'm new to this game.. i'll play newbies. I had 2x more points than anyone else before i attacked.welll. uh i gues I 'rushed' one guy and he quit. I was in tech level 3 and has all tropps upgraded.... but he wasn't. Then when i was flying squads of Y wings and X wings into the other guys base... it was a feast. But the guy built zero air defense, he was asking for it.

Good at AOK= good at SWGB:deathii:

Dave

Guest generalViper

hey leon I would like to play u when game comes out my record is 17-8 ok but I still want a battle back that I got turned on,damn newbies

Guest ReaperFett

played about 4. one I won, two I lost and one the opponent (teams he ended on his own) dropped with 5 days left on the monument

Archived