Home

MI-III was better

kenny

After finishing MI-IV I feel that The Curse of Monkey Island was better for the following reasons.

1) Too many program bugs - i.e I had to replay the swamp segment several times because the clock would register non-listed times;

2) I think the writers plain ran out of ideas by the time Guybrush arrived at Monkey Island, so the banana picker became his primary tool.

3) The final combat with LeChuck seemed to be contrived to satisfy people who like to play Doom or something. It went on so long it would lock up my machine;

I really agree with the point about running out of ideas. Large parts of the entire game had that feeling. It was almost as if they were so far behind with a release deadline approaching that they simply churned out some fairly inane gameplay. What plot they had thought of was great - but there wasn't enough of it either. I don't know about you guys but I got the impression that the whole thing was rushed.

i totally agree. i miss the mouse too. EFMI's ending was absolutely ridiculous and a huge disappointment. it was uncreative and unchallenging, and lacked the usual MI wit and charm. still, a good game overall, although it could have been SO much better.

Archived