Home

THE LONGEST JOURNEY

kimothy

if anyone here has played 'the longest journey', you probably noticed early in the game April uses a toy monkey that talks and plays the cymbals -- and his name is GUYBRUSH! ha, i just thought that was funny. do EFMI and LJ have any connection?

Yes, I caught that reference too. I mean, what else could it be? I think it was just a send-up to Monkey Island; a nod to another good game ...I don't think the two companies are in league with each other.

Although, as you play, you'll find some obvious Star Wars references too, so whadda I know? maybe.

REALLY!? Well if there is a sequel to TLJ it better be on the PC first, cause TLJ rocks man!

It's good to see that the adventure game genre is being ported onto other systems like PS2, hopefully this might inspire other companies to make their own original adventure games not only for PS2, but for PC, GameCube, X-box etc....

------------------

taliesin3.gif

that would be cool, if other companies began producing adventure games like MI and TLJ. it's my favorite genre because it combines the intellect-triggering appeal of puzzle games with the action of...uh...action games. and if it's like MI or TLJ, the graphics are awesome and the characters are just so damn funny sometimes. an adventure game is something u just can't get bored with because it's appealing on so many different levels.

Archived