Home

What type of game did you mostly play in JK (and MotS) ? (ie: FF, sabers, guns)

Silent_Thunder1587246490

So when you played (or play) Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith, do you like to play Full Force, Sabers only, Guns only, Sabers and guns, Low force, or what ever you can think of? Do you expect to have this great choice of games types in JKII? Do you think that the dedicated servers will limit your options more? (for whatever reason).

I personally liked sabers only the best. When I was a complete newbie it gave me alot of chance to get the hang of the game, because it wasn't nearly as fast paced as a full force game (though no less intense), and actually let people of lower skill kill someone of higher skill. What I mmean is, it only takes 2 hits to get rid of someone with a saber. So if you get the first hit in, then your oponent kills you, when you respwan you have 100% health but your opponent will die in half as many hits, giving you alot more chance to finish him off, as apposed to Full Force. Then after I become alot more skillful at JK, I found it extreemly fun to fight sabers only with another person of roughly the same skill level. It was awesome having really long fights just one on one with sabers on Gantry :). And, if I ever decided to get back into Jedi Knight, I'd probably do it through sabers only.

So... anyway, my favorite game type was MotS sabers only on Gantry.

NF sabers only.

Why? Because it's all I ever liked. I'm not saying I suck at guns, to the contrary, I believe I am aptly skilled with guns, sabers and force. I just enjoyed sabers more, so, I played it. Still do. Got to love the sheer pleasure of competing on an always-level playing field (except for health and people tag-teaming or cogging you).

i like sabers pretty much exclusivly. i mean, all the others are guns and such. sabers and force are what set the game apart from the others, and pretty much what kept jk alive all these years. i dont think any games that were made in 98 or so are still as active in the mod community as JK and mots.

Full force is fun, but a good challenge is just a basic force game, using just jump and speed. that one has all the fun of leaping 50 feet in the air with out the bummer of someone constantly pulling force power ups and raining down destruction all over the place.

in jk, i guess i like battle ground jedi for saber battles. IF i do use guns, i like to use the KWP mod on jedi high school and oasis. in mots, i like sabers on the homestead and the treehouse level. i almost never use guns in that. my preferred saber mod is Saber Battle X. i sure hope that the new saber controls in JKO are similar to that mod.. its just like fighting in the movies!!

peace,

Andrewfus (SunMoonClan)

In JK I played a balance between NF sabers and Full Force (whatever).

Early on I had a lot of "rules" for an "honorable" type of NF game, etc, but that had pretty much caught on later.

I also played a lot of (FF) CTF, though not as much as I would have liked. ; p

In MotS I mainly played Personalities (both regular dm, and kfy).

Kurgan

Archived