Home

PC Gamer article

matt--

I scanned the review and sent them to zero. I couldn't crop out the new pictures because I had to go out.

Originally posted by Mithiril:

<STRONG>We can't scan them from the magazine, it is against copyrights</STRONG>

Who says? Once the magazine hits the news stands, they post the articles on their website anyway. Think of this as a preview.

Guest Krayt Tion

We've got one PC Gamer scan up in our screenshot gallery already and as far as I know there have been no legal repercussions.

My copyright knowledge is hazy but we aren't making any money off the scan nor are we taking credit for the picture.

Guest Krayt Tion

Looks like zero has name the decision for you. Two for free third one buy the mag :)

edit: check the news.

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]

Guest Krayt Tion

Looks like Kyle can do a front flip. Will it cost force? Part of force jump? That's what the caption makes it sound like. I guess I'll just have to wait till I get my PC Gamer to read the article, I can't tell by the picture alone.

Guest Kurgan

Scanning the pictures would be considered fair use, if you gave proper credit.

I often see screenshots that get released, say by LucasArts, and many websites just take them and slap their watermark logo on them as if THEY created the screenshots. I think that's kind of pushing it (since you're implying that it is YOUR work), but 'everybody' does it, so you'd have to complain about all the major review/preview sites.

I think in this case it was handled very well and is how it should be done. Nobody gets slighted in the least and proper credit is given all around.

Good work!

Kurgan

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

why is the ss not in 3rd person mode directly behind it, in the other pcgamer ss its not either, its from the side

Look at the back of your Jedi Knight(1) box.

on the right you see some screenies of the game, now look at the last screen; it's kyle frying the camera man!

It's makes the pic look cooler than when you just see the back of kyle...

i dont think the flip will cost force points, just the jump, normal jumping will cause flipping too just like q3 and now ut.. at least i jope its like that... how it was in the jk spork mod...if normal jumping and flipping cost force alot of us would be screwed, i jump heaps while saber fighting, to avoid hits.. if this took force.. id never get to use any powers in a ff battlw..hmm just my ideas.. :cool:

Guest ZeroXcape

Basically the article was a complete teaser for next months editon. I'm guessing JKII will be on the cover, but they are going to bring new information on "the planned 35 hours of single-player scenarios" and "the first ever look at its (JKII's) multi-player options."

Should be very interesting... 30 days from now.

As far as the copyright matter is concerned, whenever people post the entire article, they usually get an e-mail from PCGamer asking to remove it. Why would someone buy there mag if that was going on? Basically, LucasGames sites will only publish scanned screen shots. When we do, we always add a little "scanned from PC Gamer" at the bottom and we throw a www.pcgamer.com link somewhere as well. It keeps PC Gamer happy and it keeps our readers happy.

Also, as a little teaser of our own... well, I better not spoil it :D

I dunno, I just checked it out on my laser disc and it looks almost exactly the same as the binoculars.

Has anyone heard if the player will have access to binoculars or not? Would be cool if the player can actually use these items in the game. Sweeeeet!

Archived