Home

FMV oOR IN GAME?

Edward_Zeth

Final Fantasy VIII did an excellent job of seamlessly blending FMVs to ingame cutscenes to actual game.

But Final Fantasy VIII was a entirely different genre.

Either way would be fine with me, I just hope they are well done, FMV or Ingame.

Guest Kurgan

I'd prefer FMV, but it looks like they're all going to be "in-game" as opposed to that or pre-rendered CGI. Oh well, they can still tell a good story and look cool if they want to, and that's the important thing when it comes to cutscenes.

Btw, just a pet peeve of mine, but people often forget that technically MotS and JK had both "in-game" cutscenes, as well as pre-rendered.

JK's in-game cutscenes weren't that detailed, but you saw one before each Dark Jedi battle (camera panning with Rahn's narration), and MotS of course had them.

JK also of course had the FMV cutscenes that played off of the disc, in addition to the in-game engine cutscenes.

MotS's pre-rendered cutscenes played off of the CD and were OF the game engine (ie: they were recorded off of scripted events, but played as "movies" off of the disc). But MotS also had in-game cutscenes like the view of Abron Mar running away from you, etc.

The "in-game" model of cutscenes would be like what Half-Life uses. Other games like Shadows of the Empire, had CGI rendered cutscenes. Obi-Wan was going to have both pre-rendered CGI cutscenes and in-game engine cutscenes.

According to Raven, the in-game variety is what we're getting.

Kurgan

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Guest Sherack Nhar

I prefer in-game, because the actors in JK were so cheesy, I couldn't stand it!! MotS had very good voice acting, I absolutely loved Kyle's voice.

And, as I already pointed out some time ago, the guy who did Kyle's voice in MotS is that same person who did Munroe's voice in Star Trek: Elite Force! (Munroe is the main character in the game BTW, for those who don't know)

They'll probably hire the same actor, since he already worked with Raven, plus he already did Kyle's voice anyway...

DO YOU HEAR ME RAVEN?? BRING HIM BACK!! :D

Fmv would be a waste,considering the ingame graphics are top quality,and about the same as a fmv,so ingame would be better,like in metal gear solid 2,or 1, they use ingame and it looks perfectly fine. of course they had good voice actors,but thats another matter. :eek::eek:

Archived