Home

Lightstave, will they implement it?

Gonk Droid, no sabre is sluggish at all, because the blade weighs absolutely nothing, and the hilt doesn't weigh too much anyway. I hope they have the lightstaff in multiplayer. About the controls, why would they have to change them around a lot? You just control it like the regular sabre, except it has different swings, blocks, etc.

just look at JK... there are small mods for a double saber and a maul model... and it doesnt require any changing to the game itself... if there is... idont know.

anyway... a single model for JK2 wouldnt need a mod with coding and stuff. its just an online avatar and some weapon replacements for you to use rather the in-game ones...

i just wouldnt count on raven to create a maul or a lightstaff for JK2, i'm counting on the editing community to make them... there are a lot of talents in the Q3A modelling community.

*thinks of a way to persuade the Q3 people to mod for JK2*

/me uses mind tricks on polycount submitters! :D

Lordy, let them get the control on the lightsaber working properly before you start worrying about any gimmicky double edged ones!!

I hate Darth Maul. I mean, I really REALLY HATE Darth Maul. That stupid Phantom Flop, ruining Star Wars for everyone who isn't a mindless sw zombie. I'm sorry, do I sound bitter?

I wonder how much Lucas paid all of those monkeys on typewriters?

Here's whatchu have to take into account. In order to balance the game, its got to have some sort of trade off.

Otherwise there'd be no point in having a regular sab.

So look at a lightstaff as a lightstaff and not a light saber. It'd be a 2nd weapon all together and not just a version of the lightsaber. Would have to do *different* stuff.

On the other hand, it could be a powerup, or a more powerful melee weapon. Say like a conc as opposed to a bryar. That would make for interesting gameplay as well.

Either way, its not just a trumped up lightsaber, its got to be significantly different to warrant making it into the game.

Lucky

Lucky's right, and as for Darth Maul, he was neat looking but as an interesting character he pretty much blows. What did he have..2 lines in his entire onscreen existence. Really got to know him didn't we? That was the problem with TPM, you really didn't care about most of the characters, and in some cases you just wanted them to go away.

Still, Darth Maul would be an interesting skin, but I could care less about him having a lasting influence in the story or game. I was more invested in Jerec and he was just made up for JK. At least you got some kind of motivation from him.

Archived