Home

Kyle Vr. Luke

xanthus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darth Vader was capable of killing Luke easily power-wise, however, he was merely not mentally capable of doing it.

Luke was not stronger than Yoda, he didn't even have the potential to be stronger than Yoda. Vader never became stronger than Yoda, but he did have the potential to become stronger than Yoda. The number of midi-chlorians a person has represents the potential of their power, not where it's currently at.

Thousands of years before the new republic, there were several Jedi that had turned to the dark side, and were attempting to turn other Jedi as well. The Old Republic exiled them, they put them in a resonably sized craft, with supplies etc, and blasted them into hyperspace, with no co-ordinates or calculations. The Old Republic was hoping the ship would go through a star or something so they could get rid of the Dark Jedi without consciously executing them. But it didn't happen this way, the Dark Jedi came out of hyperspace next to a small planet (of which I forgot the name), landed on it, and found out that it was the home of an alien species called the sith. The sith were quite powerful in the force too, but when they came across the Dark Jedi, they thought of them as gods. Eventually, through inter-breeding between the Dark Jedi and the Sith etc, the term sith, became synomous with Dark Jedi who had adopted the sith power, and lived by sith culture. Eventually, the Jedi found out about this, and after many long battles, wiped them out. There was one attempt by some people to re-instate the sith, but they weren't the original sith, and that attempt failed. 2000 years before TPM, there was even another attempt, and many battles were fought between them and the Jedi, but it was not the Jedi that wiped them out this time, it was fighting among themselves for power. One survived out of the many, his name was Darth Bane. He instated the rule that there could only be two sith at one time, a master, and an apprentice. He also stated that Darth, his first name, would become the title of all future sith. The sith managed to survive this way unnotice until the Phantom Menace.

So, Jerec was not a sith, and couldn't become one.

Darth Maul was not 'too easily destroyed for a sith'. Remember, he had been fighting with one of the most powerful Jedi Masters in the order, excluding the Jedi Council, and was undoubtedly quite tired. He was also not expecting Obi-Wan's quick recovery.

Also, about Luke's power, he would have quite a bit less potential than Darth Vader. Remember, Anakin was conceived entirely of midi-chlorians, leading to his immense amount of them. Luke was conceived by Anakin, and Amidala, who, as far as we know, has almost no force-potential at all. So, Luke is not more powerful than Yoda was, even as he is now in the New Jedi Order series. He is also probably not as powerful as many of the Jedi on the council. :)

En Taro Taldarin:

For Syndrix: It's very easy to use force destruction in a positive way. For example: If some Stormtroopers are shooting at some civilians, and there are too many too get all in time, you could use force destruction and be protecting all the civilians lives, and your own by removing the threat. Being a Jedi on the Light side doesn't mean you can't kill, it just means that you have to use your powers wisely, never kill with vengeance, or out of anger or hatred or any evil. When Yoda says only kill or use the force in defense, you can be defending anything, whether it's a person's future, or their life.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from as Ive heard this argument before and know it is very contentious. But I dont think thats necissarily true. "Using a NOUN in defence" is different to "defending" something. When Yoda says that, I believe he is talking about using the force in passive ways ie. Jump has no other effects other than making one jump extremely high, where as lightning (which needs to be much more powerful in JK2 to be useful, on a totally seperate note) is outward aggression. To use such a torturous power on an enemy cleary shows disdain at the least towards him. A Jedi weapon is the saber, not only because it has all the advantages we know it does (that and I cant be bothered listing them) but also because for a light Jedi it is the way to kill a Dark Jedi (or sith) with a clean concience, in hounorable battle.

The power of the dark side is not necisarily in its aggressive powers but in it seduction. One may use it in good ways initially, destruction to help civilians or lightning to make a dark jedi drop his saber and subdue him. But "the dark side is quick to join you in battle", a Jedi who uses these powers will eventually use them in anger or vengence, or against a hated enemy, even if he doesnt mean too. Different force powers are not necisarily biased to the light or dark side, but a light Jedi uses not destructive powers because he knows where they will eventually lead him, where as a Dark Jedi embaces them as to him they represent power.

Isnt it obvious? Luke is the son of vader, the one who brought balance to the force. Luke vs. Katarn? Kyle who???

Oh, and lets not forget Kyle wasn't even strong enough as he was seduced by the dark side of the force hahahah!!! What a wuss Skywalker 4 Life

[ June 26, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

Luke could beat Kyle any day of the week.

Why lets see hes the son of the chosen one the one that brings balance to the force. He was a spy of the lightside turning to the Dark side.

Luke would beat Kyle ass any day accept I know we will never see it so Who knows I just think Luke could win.

Archived