Home

1 GIANT LEVEL

Edward_Zeth

Assault takes about 7 hopurs to beat, as estimated by the creator. Many people who have beaten it have taken up to 13 hours. And since JK2 is so tight, you know its going to take a high end computer. That high-end computer could load 1 huge level in a couple of minutes.

One huge level would be fun......for one level. But for a whole game? A story is what makes a great game (well, sp anyway) and a one level game would have a story equivilant to "Whinny the Pooh visits Piglet" One huge level would be a great thing for one of us to make with the editor, but if you're into the SP part of a game at all one level would be really really boring. Think about it. But, it is a good thing you're brainstorming ideas, though no matter how many people agree with you just remeber that you're not going to change the minds of developers, even this early in the making of the game.

-Shine

the reason you cant have just one giant level is simple. kyle will probaly have to goto different places to stop what every evil he is fighting this time. and this way to can have different stuff. like nar, or the jedi vally. or that small town (level 4 I think)

but the difference is that hl takes place in ONE huge complex(until you jump into the portal near the end)and jk2 will be all over the SW galaxy and things will be happening in places that kyle isnt(i.e. the cutscenes from jk) so the only way to make jk2 one giant level would to let us fly the ship to the locations that were going to since the level jumps from jk were basically to skip that feature

I guess HL is kinda like one huge level, so the idea may work with a story after all. But like the Angry drunken ewok said Half life was a huge complex, while SW is more of a many-location type environment. And with the bit of the story that we know of already one level really wouldn't work. so why don't we make it like 15 HUGE LEVELS!!! :)

Archived