Home

Alternate ways to control the lightsaber in Jedi Outcast?

Saladin

Way it worked in jk, primary's rotated thru a combo of 4 swings, it was just consecutive, u couldn't choose the right swing, just wait for the one u wanted to rotate to the top.

Most saberists halfway keep track of what swing is up, but its not important cause u can use any of them in semi similar ways.

I'd like to see it totally based on movement for more precision.

U could have every swing controlled by strafe and a movement key. forward and backward would control up and down, strafe would control right and left. That'd give u every move jk has flat out, but u could pick and choose. I'd use 2ndary for broader swings, like the 4th and 3rd swings in the primary rotation if u stand still. Baseball lookin wind ups.

Some genius could prolly even use the mouse to spice things up a lil bit, but that'd be the basic swings all wrapped up and delivered.

Lucky

JK had 5 primary swings

Statioanry

moving forwards 3 short swings in rotation

moving backwards the upercut

strafe left and right for side wacks

and the one everyone used.. alt fire.

if you actually play jk with out always run on the other strokes become quite effective.. but finding people who understand "turn always run off" is quite hard :) ducked boxing is also fun :)

Absolutley agree with you Killer. The funny thing is, as long as I have been playing sabers, I never used "always run", but most people do. Also, most players know about holding down primary, and then incorporating "z" into the mx. I proabably do a little of both, sometimes Im just holdig down primary, and other time im taping for other swings, while standing or not running. You get allot more varitey of swings this way..as you said :D

Archived