Home

AI...?

SELYA

Huh, I haven't read anything about LICH in relation to Jedi ( directly from Lucas or Raven ). It's apparently in use for SoF2, but I don't know that you can necessarily assume that it's for Jedi as well.

And that stuff about making the engine be able to render twice as many polys.....well, it sounds like what they really mean is that with faster computers and better video cards, they are designing models and levels with twice as many polys. In other words, it sounds like they've merely upped the specs.

It'll be interesting to see what official details are.

Has anyone ever played No One Lives Forever? Well it has great AI (like the stuff u were talking about). The will run for help if they see you, launch coordinated attacks, and react to sound. They also have funny conversations :D . Oh and if a security camera sees you or a dead body, the alarm will sound and guards come to kill you and the only way to survive is to ambush them or get ye old faithful rocket launcher! You will be forced to use a silenced weapon! :D:D:D:D;)

I was talking to my cousin about this a while back and he firmly believes that the only way they were able to have that prototype done in a month was because they used EF as a base.

It sort of makes sense when you consider that the people working on JK also worked on EF. I suppose because it's Q3, it's fairly easy to move stuff between JK and SoF2, but then again...they are completely different kinds of games. So...I don't think that one should assume that they would even require the same kind of technology.

In the end, we won't really know until we get more details.

Archived