Home

GalacticBattles.com Launch

Guest ChrisC3po

Guest ChrisC3po

Good news folks, it looks like GB.com will be launching this Friday! Don will be purchasing vBulletin and moving the domain over tonight. To keep us on track, I’ve assembled a short to do list. If you think something needs to be added please let me know. Most of the technical things on this list will be done by Zero or me (ChrisC3po), but we can always use help on improving content and getting news ready for opening day.

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON" checked> Finish Content (add new information, tidy up current content)

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON" checked> Move all files to the GalacticBattles.com domain

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON" checked> Install NewsPro (Style guide already to go)

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON"> Install Poll Script

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON"> Install Search Script

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON"> Create E-mail Accounts (news, files, hosting, ect)

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON" checked> Create forums.galacticbattles.com

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON" checked> Install vBulletin and set up initial look

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON" checked> Add all necessary graphics to the forum.

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON"> Post a welcome message on the main page.

<input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON"> Launch site

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: ChrisC3po ]

Guest ChrisC3po

Don't worry about the CGI, or the PHP. Zero and I can do both easily. I'll post a list of additional graphics we need for the forum tomorrow, after we install it.

MAJOR props on the forum. It looks really professional and amazing. GREAT job guys!

As far as problems, I'm using a system with a res of 800x600 and I am forced to scroll left and right to view the far right button (home). Other than that, excellent!

Matt

Guest ZeroXcape

Swoosh - I'll work on that tonight.

As far as the rest of the site goes:

1) forums.galacticbattles.com may not be able to be set up from our end. Since we aren't hosting the domain w/1-host, I may have to fix it with my admin at Kuzak.

2) As far as content, I don't think we're 100% yet. We need to fill in as much as we can. I'll be doing that tommorow.

3) NewsPro is ready - talk to Chris or I to get an account.

4) The Poll and Search are going to be tricky... I'm going to have to edit every file to fix them. I'll do that soon.

5) The welcome message can be done in a rather short amount of time. I've asked WebJedi to pass word to Garry Gaber that we're ready for him to write up something (if he plans to.)

6) We're going to have to change the link colors slightly.. they seem to hurt people's eyes. Yellow on white BG.

7) Finally... galacticbattles.com is already working for Kurgan and I... check to see if it is for you. http://www.galacticbattles.com/index.shtml

I did this a couple of weeks ago:

========

Welcome to GalacticBattles.com! This is the latest site in the continuously growing LucasGames Network. GalacticBattles.com is dedicated to the upcoming real time strategy: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. For more information on Galactic Battlegrounds, check out the new preview at our mother site, LucasGames.

This site is a cumulation of many people's work over the past two weeks and we'd like to thank them for their dedication. Thanks to the staff!

Also, we'd like to welcome LucasArts as our partners on the Galactic Battlegrounds Official Forums. We feel that this partnership will only help the GB community grow and enrich the gaming experience.

Over the next few months, we will be getting you ready for the launch of Galactic Battlegrounds with a ton of news, info, and community events! Check out our menu for a preview of all the aspects of the game we will cover. There is going to be a lot of content here when the game is released, so stay tuned. Other than that, take a look at everything and tell us what you think in the Official Forum and thanks for visiting.

=========

Use it or lose it :p. No, you can use it or whatever you want from it, I don't care, just giving you something.

All the images for GB.com for LG are completed and I have notified zX of their locations.

Matt

Guest Aristotle

There are a couple more political/legal issues I'm dealing with on the LEC end.. and I should have more word on that today.

Also, we really need to add ALL the network sites to the link that has "Network" ... and add the mixn sites and massassi sites. Everyone agrees it's going to happen.. now it's just a matter of where we're going to be hosted, so we might as well launch this as a joint project...

Food for thought.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Aristotle ]

Archived