Home

Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP Test

OnlyOneCanoli

Guest Sherack Nhar

Lay off guys... he can post his opinion, be it good or bad, about the game as much as he likes.

However Lunatic, remember that it's not a demo. Just a MP Test, and it worked wonders: people everywhere are complaining about the netcode. So they'll know where to put their efforts in the next weeks.

When is the actual game gonna be released? 6 months to a year should be enough time to fix it up.

Not just the netcode....

It is a fair assumption that they are still working hard on developing a more realistic, polished style of MP. I mean how many bullets do the enemy take to die? I thought we moved passed that after quake 2? Comeon! 1 bullet to the head should kill, and a few to the body should have the same effect!! DOD and CS seem to have caught on, and they're only mods!! FFS!!

Is there any locational damage at all? Thank god we have Raven working on JK2!!!

Ahhhhhhh the frustration.....

Time to kill some terrorists...virtually of course.

Guest ZeroXcape
Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:

<STRONG>Return to Castle wolfenstein is riddled with flaws.

The netcode is shocking!! The lag was the worst i've ever seen.

The whole game lacks that gritty realistic feel of Day of Defeat (a half life mod). In fact wolfenstein itself looks like a very poor Q3 mod. It's too bouncy and jumpy to be taken seriously. The gun reload animations are pathetic compared to counter-strike, and DOD. It just doens't look right.

For some reason you can't hit the floor like in DOD. You know get down on your stomach and shoot. Wolfenstein has major problems.

I hope JK2 doesnt suffer from the Q3 engines fake phony feel. Thats the best i can describe it.</STRONG>

While an DoD fan is going to make similar comparisons to the level, the actual feel of the game is very different. One feature missing from the Wolf Test that I'd like to see is +prone which allows you to drop to the ground. Aside from that and a few other features, the graphical comparisions don't even come close. Not only does Wolf tax systems in everyway, it also doesn't have the magnitude of servers that Half-Life does. What does that have to do w/the netcode? Well there just aren't enough high speed servers running dedicated wolf tests yet. If you get on any Internet2 server, (and you are in fact running on I2,) you'll see that speeds are about as fast are they are going to get. i.e. 10-20 ms. Don't judge the this alpha netcode w/o playing it on proper servers and proper bandwidth.

Wolfenstein will be very polished when it's released.

Archived