Home

retro

rabidpsychodog

The project you are thinking of is "Cybercraft Dark3D Project" run by one Mattias Welander.

His page is still up (if you can find it) but last I checked, it hadn't been updated in a year or more. I'm guessing he's quit the project (along with his other LEC game related projects).

I too was looking forward to it, as it would give me a nice excuse to play through the game again in a higher res, but alas... alas...

Kurgan

If I remember correctly, he'd been working on the project for about five years...

Which reminds me, SW Quake2 TC is still going (five years as well if I recall).

Interesting theory Bart, although he never had anything playable available for download. Just a level tester utility (to see if your level would work with it) and a video and some screenshots. That's it. He never posted anything about any legal threats, and the page should still be up (want me to type "cybercraft" "dark3d" and "mattias welander" into google and find out?).

For a long time, MW's site was linked off of darkjedi.com (later known as code-alliance) and they never said anything about it either that I recall (about legal threats from LEC or LucasFilm).

Kurgan

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Yup, last update "2000-06-26." I believe I sent him a few emails sometime last year, but recieved no response (and yes, I was polite).

Too bad.

Kurgan

Archived