Home

policeware

matt--

But see the thing is, I didn't think this was an anti-piracy bill, it was about making it easier for the government to "catch terrorists" by spying on larger numbers of people.

But again, this is the whole big brother deal, just watch everyone because everyone is under suspicion. Guilty until proven innocent. But who watches the watchers?

The anti-piracy angle would just be a nice added benefit for the software companies. Most of them don't want you to make backup copies of stuff anyway.. less extra money for them, think about it. ; p

Hey, even if I've got all 100% legit stuff and have "nothing to fear" I still am uneasy about having my stuff (note: my property, in private) watched constantly. What if somebody puts crap on my computer when I'm not looking? What about my privacy? Maybe I don't want people to see what I'm doing for other reasons other than I might be doing something illegal (compare this to having a video camera record you in the shower/toilet/bedroom every day).

Now I can see losing your privacy using computers at work. It still sucks, but that's different than forcing everyone to use a computer that is a camera gateway to some government office or police headquarters monitoring service. I mean the 1984 analogy is perfect, because that's exactly what was in it! (tv screens in everyone's house that allowed gov't to spy, not allowed to turn it off).

Hopefully the Supreme Court will get this kind of thing thrown out. ; p

Kurgan

This is bs if it makes it as a law ill need as many people as i can get to show up because im takin it to court i dont want the asses that we pay with our taxes watching us.we should be watching them.doesnt personal computer mean personal anyways?that already iomplies and the constitution that they cant pass this law,damn greedy entertainment bastards

Afghanistan?Well **** Afghanistan!

Archived