Home

Anyone else crashing to desktop?

Guest AcidRane

Guest AcidRane

Well, it's happened to me in the last 3 of 5 games that I've played. No warning, nothing.. it just crashes to the desktop as if the game never existed. Is my comp messed up or are other people having this problem?

This is why I stopped playing RA2... and I'm sure other players using AMD processors remember this problem with RA2.

:explode:

and it's only after I started using the 1.1 patch... maybe it's related.

Hey Rane you get about a bit ;)

I've had that problem, but I generally only get that playing across the net using computer players too. I don't have an AMD processor though

Originally posted by AcidRane

Well, it's happened to me in the last 3 of 5 games that I've played. No warning, nothing.. it just crashes to the desktop as if the game never existed. Is my comp messed up or are other people having this problem?

This is why I stopped playing RA2... and I'm sure other players using AMD processors remember this problem with RA2.

:explode:

and it's only after I started using the 1.1 patch... maybe it's related.

Have not (yet) applied the patch (hopefully tonight I will).

I have an AMD Thunderbird 1.1 GHz processor. The game has not ever crashed to the desktop. But I am operating way above what it needs. If you are using an old K62-300 or something, that might cause problems.

I have noticed, even on my machine, that occasionally the game gets "sticky". That is, as I try to move the mouse, it sticks to one spot, then leaps a bit, then sticks, then leaps, and so on. This happens once in a while. If I quit out of the current game (not close the whole program, just quit to the main menu) and start up again, it seems to go away. Not sure what that is about, but I'd bet it's some sort of sound card conflict (sound gets goofy when it happens also) or similar hardware problem on my system.

May the Force be with you.

I've heard about quite a few people having this problem. I've actually been trying to help a friend troubleshoot it. I've never seen this particular problem, though I've experienced my fair share of bugs.

Here's a suggestion...

There's a good chance this is driver-related. Make sure you have DirectX 8.1, DirectX-compliant drivers for all devices (especially video & sound) and SP2 if you're using Win2K. Run DXDIAG to test device compliance.

I have a similar problem. I ' ve tried to download the latest drivers, disable my sound card, and runned dirx diagnostics but nothing seems to work. I have an 1,4 AMD toowith 256 of memory, G-Force2 gts/pro and Sound Blaster 5,1 Live on my system. I 'a waiting the reply from the Lucas support, if you find whats wrong please post it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just got the demo today and it's giving me the same thing; always crashing to desktop

Athlon XP 1.6 Ghz

64 Mb NVidia GeForce 2 with newest drivers

256 Mb RAM

61 Gb harddrive

Windows 98 SE

DirectX 8.1

Do all of Lucasarts' games crash like this?! First JK2, now this :confused: I'm glad I only got the demo to this game

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

The demo of Galactic Battlegrounds is not a good one. It has a few bugs and errors in the game.

There is nothing wrong with the full version, and especially the Saga bundle. Ask Santa Claus for it now for xmas!!

DMUK

Archived