Home

my comp is messed up!!

GB_StormTrooper

aloha....

Ok I know ive made a quite a few posts today but I really dont care about posts I mean I just reached my 200th post but I dont really care so anyways what im getting to is my computer....I just found this out and it SUCKS ok yesterday I downloaded the old Star Wars game, X-Wing Alliance (demo). And if any of you have the game then youd know that is REQUIRES a joystick to play. Since Ive been needing to get me a joystick for awhile now I decided I want to play this game bad so I went out and bought me a nice 15 dollar one (here comes the messed up part) when I brought it home I read the instructions to install it, all it said was plut the adapter into the game port, easy huh? So I go ok thats easy. I goto the back of my tower and find the game port but theres a metal cover on it (uh-oh...) . You might think im stupid but I thought all I have todo is take off the metal cover...so I did. (No I didnt not get shocked) Finally with the cover off I went to plug in the joystick in when i found out that circut city gipped me!! they didnt include a game port!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so mad so I have a question, is there a way I could get a game port installed on my computer, and if I can how much? I called Circut City but they couldnt help me...anyways thanks cya :)

P.S. Don't make fun of me....I didnt know..............

Usually a gameport is standard on a sound card. Check your sound card and see if there is a port to connect your joystick. Just follow the sound blaster cord down to find the sound card. (Sorry, I don't know if you know where your sound card is) If there isn't a port to connect your joystick, you may consider buying a new sound card. Hope that helps! :D

return the joystick or the computer because i know theres like 3 diff kinds of joysticks that are installed differently but this one to me is the only kind i can find in stores, all i need to do is find my sound card, if i have one, wait of course i have a sound card, if not, i wouldnt be able to play music and stuff right? grrr i cant find the sound card!!!!! :swear: :swear: :evil3::evil6:

Guest Sarcastic Saint

Do you have speakers?? or a headphone?? that which makes sound?? :D

So if you have any of the above then i'm assuming it's plugged in right??

Ok...well then thats your soundcard.

But not all soundcards have gameports....these days that is somewhat unusual...so dont start yanking' wires out or somesuch ****e cause that would be a bad thing. :D

Another tip might be to look it up in the manual that came with the comp.

Usually you can find very basic layouts of the comp and all its assests.

You know like a little picture that shows the back of the comp with little arrows that tells you what's what and all that.

Guest Sarcastic Saint

Well i'm sure you'll find it....it says Manual on the cover....ok so it's 1 of the words at least. :)

There i helped. :D

I'm not sure if I have ever seen a sound card with no game port.

Sound cards are PCI, so it would be close to the bottom of the case. Follow your monitor cable to the back of the case and your Sound card outputs should be close. There is usually 4 round inputs one, for speakers, an input,output and one other thing.. and next to that is a 15 pin connection. Thats the game port.

So look for 4 round sockets, one or more your speakers should be plugged into and then the 15 pin port next to it.

If it doesn't have one you got jipped bad.

Archived