Home

What's the Vong?

Guest Stryder

Guest Stryder

I've seen TONS of people talking about the Vong and wishing it was in GB. What exactly is the Vong and what books do I need to read to know about them?

Guest SlashAndBurn

Hey Stryder....

They are from the New Jedi Order serries of books. GREAT reading. If you want the story to be a surprise DO NOT read the posts in the "New Jedi Order" thread....lots of spoilers. This was origionaly posted by Darthfergie...its a complete list of the books in the serries. Hope this helps.

20-30 years after SW: ANH

1. Vector Prime, by R. A. Salvatore.

2. Dark Tide I: Onslaught, by Michael A. Stackpole

3. Dark Tide II: Ruin, by Michael A. Stackpole

4. Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial, by James Luceno

5. Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse, by James Luceno

6. Balance Point, by Kathy Tyers

7. Edge of Victory I: Conquest, by Greg Keyes

8. Edge of Victory II: Rebirth, by Greg Keyes

9. Star by Star, by Troy Denning

10. Dark Journey, by Elaine Cunningham (Feb 2002, paperback)

11. Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream by Aaron Allston (Apr 2002, paperback)

12. Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston (Aug 2002, paperback)

13. Traitor, by Matthew Woodring Stover (Oct 2002, paperback)

14. Destiny's Way, by Walter Jon Williams (Nov 2002, hardcover)

15. Force Heretic I: Remnant, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Mar 2003, paperback)

16. Force Heretic II: Refugee, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Jun 2003, paperback)

17. Force Heretic III: Reunion, by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (Aug 2003, paperback)

Guest Supreme Warlord

It is very religious though Duder. They have consumed galaxies before they came to the galaxy where Star Wars takes place. The Vong does grow their weapon Organically. They have BIG Ships size of the moon called Worldship. They have ships that are alive. They hate machines and they seen it as an abimonation. So you can tell that if they see a machine they usually go bersek. They do also hate the Jedi for a reason. The Jedi are hurting them and plus like duder said they are at odds with their beliefs. The Vongs cant be sensed through the force. So the Jedi is weak against them. They would be a good anit Jedi/Sith civs. Hope this helps you and plus if you have any more question about Star Wars or the Vong ask me. I can help you out and that applies to everybody. :)

Archived