Home

more carbon or food at start?

Heavyarms

I was playing in a space map, and I was making some vills, but I had no way to get food, so I built a food center. After building it, I mined carbon away with about 10 vills until I had farm production going good. It took me about 5 minutes to succesfully achieve this. Was that the way to go, because I think Leon was doing better than me.

Guest Supreme Warlord

More food...Allow you to build troops..... You need to have a mass output of Food and Carbon. You need billions of them. THey must be equal but the food slightly ahead.

Originally posted by Com Raven

Depends on your enemy and playstyle ....

I you wanna rush, food !!

But if you say "let'S build a bit before entering fray" wood might give you advantage cause you can then start with whole lotta farms ....

Depends on the map, too. If you start out in a map area that has lots of muja fruit bushes and animal herds near your home base, you need less carbon, because you can build farms slowly, one at a time. If you start off in a place with little food resources, you need lots of carbon so you can build farms quickly. On the other hand, you still need food to build workers.

I try to do 50-50. At the start, you have 3 workers. I make one a builder, and start him on a prefab shelter right away. One becomes a carbon gatherer, one a food gatherer (again, depends on the terrain), and I build 4 more guys right away. Of those, I alternate, 1 carbon, 1 food, until I have 3 of each. Then I keep alternating, until I have a good 7 or 8 each. Then I might vary things. Last night, I found about 14 nerfs near my home base, so I garrisoned 10 of them in an animal shelter and powered it, and was geting 50 or so food a minute right from the start. With improvements over the ages, you will not need so many farmers, compared to a game where there are no animals. But you want at least a good 7 or 8 of each, equally, before you start to vary it.

May the Force be with you.

Archived