Home

Power Cores & Resources

MrFan

No benefit at all to collection rates.

All that they do is benefit how quickly the techs research at the gather center.

As such, the *only* gather center I worry about including in the power core radius if I can is the carbon center. The TL3 carbon upgrade takes a while to complete if it is unpowered and that one is a tech I want ASAP (more carbon = more mechs, more command centers, more military buidings, more pummels, etc, etc)

Guest Supreme Warlord

Power Core powers up the nursies but they also speed up the builing of units like troopers, mech and air units. Power Core is vital to anybody that want to raise an army quicker.

Originally posted by Supreme Warlord

Power Core powers up the nursies but they also speed up the builing of units like troopers, mech and air units. Power Core is vital to anybody that want to raise an army quicker.

Yup... you pretty much need all your other buildings (except houses and the command center) to be in the power ring of a Power Core. I certainly make sure, not just carbon centers, but nova and ore centers, are getting power. I like to build lots of walls and towers, so I want the ore, and I want my workers upgraded to collect it quickly. 4 upgraded workers will do the job of 6 or 7 non-upgraded ones in the later ages, so you can use the left over population quota to build more troops, or to divert the workers to more rapidly building something like a Fortress or a Monument.

I try to power everything that needs power, but, I do give priority to Nurseries, Carbon Centers, and Unit-creation buildings like Troop Centers or Air Bases.

May the Force be with you.

Archived