Home

my take on the BRYAR... also the ST RIFLE

Spaceball_One

this time around i really hope that JEDI KNIGHT 2 makes better use of these CLASSIC DARK FORCES WEAPONS: the bryar pistol and the stormtrooper rifle... my take is that if RAVEN is going to bother bringing these two weapons back, they had better make them a hell of a lot more useful than they were in JEDI KNIGHT. in my mind, when i think of how weapons, not just these, can be improved, i say:

MAKE EVERY WEAPON USEFUL, DON'T HAVE WEAPONS THAT PEOPLE JUST DISREGARD, AND DON'T MAKE WEAPONS THAT TOO POWERFUL- MAKE ADVANTAGES SLIGHT. SO PRETTY MUCH, JUST MAKE EACH WEAPON JUST AS HANDY AS THE NEXT!

i will explain:

BRYAR PISTOL: sure, i guess you can say "but it has to come back, its kyles special little gun..." but the truth of the matter is that im surprised that KATARN has lasted as long as he has with this p.o.s. at his side. RAVEN really needs to beef this thing up if they want to bring it back. i say, use COUNTER-STRIKE as an example when sooping up the bryar:

MAKE THE BRYAR PISTOL A WEAPON THAT CAN ACTUALLY KILL SOMEONE IN MULTI-PLAYER.

(this also applies to the ST RIFLE, but ill get into that later) theres no doubt that this would make the bryar a more useful weapon! hell, if the bryar became the JEDI KNIGHT equivalent of the USP (CT handgun), then id play the whole single player game using just that! i know that all of you agree with me when i say this baby fired WAY too slow and WAY too weak. so i think that RAVEN should (1) make the bullets way more powerful, powerful enough that its capable of taking someone out in MP and (2) make it shoot as fast as the player can click (just like in COUNTER-STRIKE) man, id love to do some ownage with the bryar if its like that!

STORMTROOPER RIFLE: ok, pretty much the same as the bryar. make the rounds a LOT stronger and a LOT faster. when i think of the ST RIFLES' COUNTER-STRIKE equivilant, i think of the M4. i really think that the accuraccy was WAY horrible in JEDI KNIGHT, and that really discouraged me from using this great weapon! i also think that the "power up" version of this weapon (you know, when everything was double the speed) should've been the standard, speed-wise. the stormtrooper rifle should really be one of the more stronger weapons, in my mind... i mean, why would all the stormtroopers be issued them if they can barely take someone out!? why did HAN and CHEWIE run away when they turned that corner? if they played JEDI KNIGHT before that, they would've just stood there and said "cmon that tickles!!!!"

well, those are my takes, and the bottom line is: PLEASE MAKE THESE WEAPONS MORE USEFUL THIS TIME AROUND. BRING THEM BACK FOR A REASON!!!

Originally posted by Spaceball_One

BRYAR PISTOL: sure, i guess you can say "but it has to come back, its kyles special little gun..." but the truth of the matter is that im surprised that KATARN has lasted as long as he has with this p.o.s. at his side. RAVEN really needs to beef this thing up if they want to bring it back. i say, use COUNTER-STRIKE as an example when sooping up the bryar:

MAKE THE BRYAR PISTOL A WEAPON THAT CAN ACTUALLY KILL SOMEONE IN MULTI-PLAYER.

just increase the rate of fire and make it a bit stronger.

STORMTROOPER RIFLE: ok, pretty much the same as the bryar. make the rounds a LOT stronger and a LOT faster. when i think of the ST RIFLES' COUNTER-STRIKE equivilant, i think of the M4. i really think that the accuraccy was WAY horrible in JEDI KNIGHT, and that really discouraged me from using this great weapon! i also think that the "power up" version of this weapon (you know, when everything was double the speed) should've been the standard, speed-wise. the stormtrooper rifle should really be one of the more stronger weapons, in my mind... i mean, why would all the stormtroopers be issued them if they can barely take someone out!? why did HAN and CHEWIE run away when they turned that corner? if they played JEDI KNIGHT before that, they would've just stood there and said "cmon that tickles!!!!"

DF had a better rate of fire for the Stormtrooper rife. JK slowed it down...which i didn't like.

Archived