Home

No Justice In This World

Guest BatMan

sssssuuuuupppppeeeerrrrkkkkkkaaallliiiiifffrrraaaajjeeeeeellllliiiiisssssstttticcccceeeeeeexxxxxx

pppppppppiiiiiiiihhhhaaaaaaalllllleeedddddddooooooooooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhoooo ooooooos

<font size=-2>

[This message has been edited by Lujayne (edited December 23, 1999).]

Guest FireFly

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis is the longest word thats not a name of a chemical, place, etc. It is supposedly a type of lung disease gotten from working in mines..

Guest Imladil

Or is it pika?

Pika! Pika! Pika-CH--! <font size=5><font color=red> ZAP!</font></font>

<font size =1>NO pikachus! Ever!</font>

Hey, Batman...we cheer you up yet? wink.gif

------------------

"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Wanderer

"If Jupiter obeys liquid rules of physics, wouldn't it be teardrop-shaped?"

--Little Jimmy

How could I be subjected to your wackiness and not be cheered up Imladil?

I agree on the Pokemon Must Die issue. Just don't tell my kids. They eat that crap up.

------------------

Never Pet a Burning Dog.

• 1 month later...
Guest Imladil

Nope, sorry. A pica is a technical term used by typesetters to describe how much space a letter takes...basically, a measurement of how wide it is. Most letters, including a, take exactly one pica. Wider ones like m and w take one and a half. The short, short letters like i, l or punctuation marks like periods and commas, only take half of a pica. wink.gif

So, truly "I" is the shortest word.

<font size=1>Don't mess with me, son. I'm flying this plane.</font>

------------------

"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Podracer

"My own sense of optimism just doesn't...aw, **** it."

--Little Jimmy

Guest Shootist

Most humble Shootist request to differ most honorable Imladil. This unit checked with Associated Press Style Book, the bible of the Journalist. A pica is 12 'points' TALL. There are 72 points in one inch. That's where we get the reference 12 or 18 point type when we refer to type size. Sorry, but "Pica" refers to da height.

You are correct about counting the "m" as counting one-and-a-half in width. Same with the "W". Therefore "I" is the shortest. "A" is just one though.

Dun't fer git, I'z a jurnilizm majur wid a buk!!!

------------------

ACK...Phht!!

Bill the Cat

Guest Imladil

Most highly dubious and untoforward without preposition or immodesty, this unit is obviously confused. He vaguely recalls something about counting out headline space during his own journalistic period, but it was way, way back in the eighties, when the USSR wasn't the punchline to a joke and computers were still incomprehensible.

The details of pica application must be a part of the 'missing memories' that the space aliens came down in their flying saucer and took from me.

So, if anyone knows where those little fartknockers from Bellatrix are, please tell them to bring me back a clue...because I need it.

Snork! biggrin.gif

------------------

--Imladil the Podracer

"My own sense of optimism just doesn't...aw, **** it."

--Little Jimmy

Guest Lujayne

Bellatrix? <font color=white>Bellatrix??</font> I wrote a story about the people living on Bellatrix! They are called <font color=white>Twinklings</font> smile.gif and it is very, very cold there!! They don't seem like the kind of people who would come to earth and steal memories, though...come to think of it, I don't think they could even get here if they wanted!

I think you need to get your facts straight, Imladil, before you start accusing innocent aliens.

Guest Shootist

Imladil, mayhaps those Twinklings stole our "emS" there is an archaic unit of measure of width of columns called an "em".

I wonder if those Twinklings are the same little gopher pukes that poop in your mouth right before you wake with a hang-a-me-over.

------------------

ACK...Phht!!

Bill the Cat

Hey, G-Man!!! Remember how you like to Poke-em-on the hood of your car?

------------------

Should'a kept my pants on this time, but instead you had to let me dive right in!

-Chorus of No Sex by Limp Bizkit on the 1999 released album, Significant Other.

Guest Lt Guilo

...You're just jealous, Night Row.

Imladil, don't encourage the young 'un, for goodness sakes!!! He's already cocky enough as it is!

....<font color="FF0000" size="4">!!!!</font>

D'oh! Let me rephrase that last part......

Archived