Home

Ever heard of this Modding strategy?

Darth_Lando

I am seriously thinking about making a SP mod for JKII which would consist of 7 or 8 levels.

However the time it would take for making 8 levels is too long so I am thinking of a solution and wonder if any of you have heard of it being done(succesfully) before.

I have developed the storyline and plot for the SP game to great detail and believe it could be a very immersive and entertaining experience. I have developed what each level is about/location/ect.

What I would like to do is make the first two levels myself and release them. If they generate enough excitement then I would like to ask for interested modders to volunteer to make 1 map to help finish the game. I would review their previous work to make sure they can delevier what needs to be done. If I get 5 modders doing 1 map each then the game would be completed relativily fast!

They would be given info on the maps location, key events, and then given broad creativity range to fill in all the gaps and details.

I think it could work I just wonder if it has been done before?

I have an idea for a MP version to go along with the SP storyline (not the teamplay I discussed in the CS thread) but that would only be after the SP is completed.

Archived