Home

Size of the levels

Morpheus4873

When Elite Force came out, the devs said that they had to modify the levels that they made in the begining of the developement so they could meet the criteria put upon Raven by Activision. This mean that many levels were cut in half and many things were scrapped in order to fit the level under certain megabite size.

Will Jedi Knight 2 have the same limitation ?

Morph :trooper:

JO is the sequel to JK

On of JKs most important SP features were the huge levels

Im not sure how the levels will be now

They said the entire campaign will be longer than EF but shorter than JK, but I dont remember about the levels

I think they will be smaller than in JK

Whats "the criteria put upon Raven by Activision" ?

Anyway now Activision is only the publisher for outside USA & Canada, and nothing else

The criteria here is defined by LEC, and I hope they want levels to be as big as the engine can handle it

less than in wolf or than in JK?

Anyway I just hope the sp campaign is pretty extensive

Either lots of medium sized levels or a small number of huge levels

Or maybe several huge levels made into small parts as you say Its in wolf

Iv never played a sp q3 engine game to know how extensive levels use to be

Read somewhere that JK2 would be smaller than Jedi Knight. But, Jedi Knight was a big game with wide open levels. My only concern is the size of the levels themselves. I hope the Team Arena game engine can create wide open levels which reflect the Star Wars movies. I found Elite Force very claustriphobic. I believe the Unreal 2 game engine would have been the perfect choice for JK2. Unreal game engines are great for both detail and wide open enviornments. But, if Raven went this route the game may have been delayed a long time so I'm not complaining.

Archived