Home

Clothes of the Jedi Knight

Lord_FinnSon

Should Kyle have traditional Jedi wardrobe in addition to his "mercenary" clothes?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kyle have traditional Jedi wardrobe in addition to his "mercenary" clothes?

• Yes! Nothing beats a good old vest & sash when dueling againts fierce Sith Lord!
    • No! We don't need no stinking Jedi rags!
    • What are talking about, old hermit?

Originally posted by StarScrap

The sash and vest would be okay, but I don't really like the idea of robes. I just can't see anyone in heavy jedi robes whipping out a concussion rifle and pummelling some stormies with it. Or even a bowcaster. MAYBE a bryar pistol or thermal detonator.

Now there's an idea. Maybe have an ambushed ambasador (sorry about the Ep. I overtones) series of missions where Kyle only has his saber, pistol, and detonators, and is wearing jedi robes. Of course he would have to win favor with the rest of the jedi first. Also, if that isn't in now it's a bit late, but what is this board for? Wishing!

(btw, anyone else remember the old weaps from DF?)

Exactly.Another reason for anti-robes is that robes pull him down,and he has to fight!He's a Jedi Knight!Thus,he'll have to fight anything that he has to,and as a result,he can't have anything heavy and bulky to hold him down!A sash and vest and the brown trousers would do just fine,or maybe the gold/red/blue/green model he wears in Multiplayer would do just fine.

After examining posted screenshots more carefully, I have to correct a little bit my first statement that Kyle uses same clothes he already had in JK(and with first impression that might seem to be the case): al though Kyle has same shirt, he wears LIGHT brown pants this time around as opposed to dark ones from JK and he has different kind of boots. I also found both gloves and elbow pad to be nice additions to familiar appearance, and I guess with Ghoul 2 developers could easily add new pieces of clothing, if needed to(I'm still hoping to see vest and sash, you know). :) All in all, I have to thank Raven for creating so natural looking cloth textures which resemble exactly the ones Jason Court used in cutscenes(I checked them through lately). :D

I thought this might be cool pic(even though most of you have already seen it during one of those On Location videos), but I chose it, because it shows very clearly that also Anakin wears familiar Jedi gear. Dark colors and leather are definitely right choices for future Darth Vader and show the fact that these simple pieces of clothing can be altered in so many ways to show us visually what its owner represents and his personality. :cool:

onlocation038.jpg

It's nice that you brought that pic to our attention, even though it has been there quite some time. It's so easy to forget all those small things when you are hunting bigger prey... ;) I don't even remember, if Raven have yet confirmed that JK2 features flowing clothes, but this seems to indicate so.

If I look at that picture again, it looks like there must be some strong wind blowing from the left... I don't think there is wind in the physics engine in Quake 3.

Even if there is, it would be really well programmed if it would make a robe or other objects move... I don't think we're not quite at that stage in gaming yet

Cape might have been animated separately, so when this character moves to the left, his cape follows him lagging a little bit behind(in JK, Yun, for example, had extended vest that you you could partially animate), so wind doesn't need to affect it. Still, I remember that Raven spoke something about weather effects that could affect your movement. :rolleyes:

I think it would be best to start with casual clothes and as he gets more to the light or dark side make them more formal acording to his sod (dark would be a cloak that gets daker along with the shadow it makes on his face. And light would be a vest that gets lighter thicker and more heavy duty.)

Welcome to the forums, chilli! :) It has become custom to give gift baskets or chocolate Jedi Medallions to newbies, so I guess you will get one soon. What comes to this topic, it would be cool to see Kyle making change from his mercenary clothes(that he has in screenshots) to some sort of Jedi gear during his journey as you indicated, but without clear hints toward Light or Dark side because he walks between them this time. Remember that at first he starts without his saber and Force powers, but because he visits Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, I'm sure he can get some sort of suit for this job(and I'm speaking only two pair of clothes here), so that they don't just appear from nowhere...

In the original jedi knight, and most every other game, people choose the skins that blend in the best with most of the levels. People who played Oasis (NF) alot used Dark Kyle, Commando, Blue, Officer, and other dark skins that blend in with dark lightning. For sneak attacks!!! :)

I have been mostly talking about SP and what kind of clothes Kyle should be using in that campaing. MP is be totally different, because developers can include clothes that he already uses in SP and make up additional clothing for MP only. Rune is a good example when it comes to designing clothes for player character: there are so many variations of them for almost every climate. In my oppinion it makes that character much more interesting and believable, when he seems to know how to protect himself againts winter or just to hide his identity from his enemies, so that he doesn't stand out from that crowd or world simply by wearing same clothes all day long; wouldn't it be cool, if they were realistically torn to pieces after so many fights, hiking, swimming or crouching in the tunnels? Of course vest and sash would be only one variation that could be worn over his usual mercenary clothes: a small detail which would give that quasi-religious Jedi edge to Kyle making him look much more committed to his role. :aobi:

You know, the skin might very well differ depending on the level... so while Kyle is wandering around the temples of Yavin he might have attire more appropriate to the Jedi order, and when elsewhere something different. JK itself had a number of different "Kyle" skins for multi --the potential was there, they just didn't use it.

Archived