Home

Star Wars RPG's you make the call.

Havoc Stryphe

What other, if any, type of Star Wars RPG would you like to see Lucasarts develop?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What other, if any, type of Star Wars RPG would you like to see Lucasarts develop?

• None, Galaxies is going to be great! I only play online RPG's
    • A Star Wars RPG using The Baldur's Gate series as a Template
    • A 3D based Rpg like galaxies, Final Fantasy or Zelda with a long, in depth storyline for singleplayer

How many would like to see some more variety to the Star Wars RPG titles?

Everyone has been posting about Star Wars: Galaxies, and about how much fun it will be etc. Now don't get me wrong, I think Galaxies is going to be incredible when it comes down to virtual online universe graphics and customizing ability. However, I feel Lucas arts can do better. By that, I mean they can produce other RPG's for thew Star Wars universe. Galaxies is patterned after the Ultima Online and EverQuest games which are completeley online games, meaning you must be online to play (there is no single player campaigns as such) and there is a monthly fee to be part of the online community (on top of your ISP bill). I know I'm going to love Galaxies being the RPG fan that I am, but there are more possibilities and venues to explore in the Star Wars RPG universe.

What I want to see is a Star Wars RPG based of the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Role Playing Game rules, like Galaxies is, but based on the Baldur's Gate's, Final Fantasy's, or Zelda's playability. Basically, a single player campaign with endless customizing ability and hours of in depth storylines and such. But the best part is you don't have to be online or pay online membership fees. Imagine being able to build your character anyway you see fit and playing a great story without having to play to someone else as well (Like galaxies). But if using Baldur's Gate as a template, you could still play online with a friend and conquer the main story or side quests together.

If it's 3D they want, pattern it after Zelda or Final Fantasy, but add the Baldur's Gate or Galaxies Customizing attributes. Personally, I feel that the Baldur's Gate series (Baldur's Gate, tales of the sword coast, Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale, and Planescape Torment) Has incredible graphics for a 2D game, seemingly endless items and sidequests and easy modability that If Lucasarts based a Star Wars RPG after those titles, I feel they would have a real winner on their hands.

I'll be honest, Star Wars Galaxies will do extremely well, but as some of you have already pointed out, you don't want to pay the monthly membership fees, neither do I. And I for one don't always want to be online playing with other people and dealing with the "lag", when I could be enjoying Roleplaying in my own little world, and still have the option to play online with a friend.

I AGREE.

I've been begging for a Final Fantasy style SW game for years now. IMO, it would be the best SW game ever. You could combine the incredible gameplay and value productions of a company like squaresoft, which the epic stories and unique technology of the star wars universe. What more could you ask for?

I figured you would TIE Guy, I've have noticed we share the same love for the Final Fantasy Series. And I agree, The combination of Final Fantasy graphics and playability with the Customizing ability of Galaxies and the Star Wars Universe as your playground, i mean, what could go wrong with that game?! :D

Archived