Home

Need some Hardware Help.....

pinkpanther718

Ok folks, I know there are alot of smart people here, so i'm sure someone may be able to help me here. I am trying to put a new AGP video card into my sisters comptuer, so I can take out an older PCI video card thats in there now. The motherboard is a JBond, kind of old, a 350 mhz P II chip. I found the AGP slot, plugged the new card in, but when I boot up, the computer doesnt even recognize the card is there. I eve tried it with the old card still in and with it out, both ways, the computer won't recognize there is new hardware, and if I plug the monitor into that card there is no signal. Is there something I need to do to activate the AGP slot? If so, how do I do this, any other help or suggestions would be awsome. Thanks all.

Boot up with both the AGP card and the PCI card in the slot. Have the monitor connected to the PCI slot. Go into the BIOS and poke around. There should be an option. It varies from BIOS to BIOS. Basically go into all the menus and look for "PCI" and "video" in the same row. Highlight "PCI" and hit enter, if you can change it to AGP, do so. Reboot with the monitor plugged into the AGP slot.

Archived