Home

More New Screens!!!

dazilla

Those last two were in PC gamer, but up until now I'd only seen the scans people had made on the 'net (and read the actual mag myself).

I don't think a gaming mag can hold a permanent monopoly over a game screenshot. After all, they either just hit the F12 key or it was sent to them. Once the issue has hit the news stands, then it's obvious that they got the "scoop" and everybody else should be able to post it, IMHO (check the fair use copyright laws that might be applicable).

I mean yeah, you give credit where credit is due, but as far as I'm concerned, unless they complain, it's fair game.

Like have you noticed in the past how every single website or magazine site will take the exact SAME screenshots for a game, and they put their own personal logos and watermarks all over it? Yet every site has the SAME files. Gee, they all must be pretty special. I mean getting an exclusive is a big thing, I realize, but they can't all have gotten it. They make it seem like they took the screenshot themselves (instead of having it dropped in their email). Sorry for the rant...

Archived