Home

New screenshots are up at computerandvideogames.com....

Graphicsgod

"With the bulk of the code already in place, technicalities aside, all Raven has to do is tweak the gameplay and create the Star Wars character models and scenery. And even then they're saving time by re-using levels from previous Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games."

Sounds like horrible misinformation to me. I'm guessing the amount of effort it would take to convert the maps would be too great...especially considering that they couldn't just convert the maps and just use them "as is". The designers would have to re-texture the maps. They'd have to add more architectural detail. etc..etc.

nice review of the game *rolls eyes*

not only would that be completely unattractive (why would you want to play the same levels over again???)

the plot is completely different, and the levels are definitely not going to be the same (of COURSE there are nar levels)

I have made a few maps in my days, and I can say that Layout does take a lot of planning. Using familiar environments, will both save some time (not an incredible amount) and will also lend connectivity to the previous titles.

The Quake III engine will not directly port over maps from JK, so don't expect identical maps. Just simillar layouts when they have been used.

If the games are supposed to take place in particular worlds, then those worlds should be consistent across different games. It would suck if a X-Wing in one game, looked different from an X-Wing in the next. Same thing here.

Raven has the talent to make the maps, so don't think that if they have some maps that are the same as in JK, that they are "taking a short cut" or "taking the easy way out". Its just a way of staying within the already defined world of the game.

I look forward to this game.

Cyclone.

. In the multiplayer game you can choose whether to play as light or dark Jedi before the game starts and advance your character using the Force Power pick-ups found during play.

I certainly hope they're only talking about jedi holocrons, or describing force boosts + surges..

once again a weird sentence... that is only in ONE multiplayer mode, the one with people hainvg two force pwoers maximum, and getting them by picking up its icon... when they get kiled, others can pick them up... theres like, one lightning icon, one choke.. etc somethign along those lines

Archived