Home

What did you think of the "new" trailer?

ps2maddenman

Better than the Lucasarts trailer?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Better than the Lucasarts trailer?

• Yes
    • No
    • About the same
    • I haven't seen the "new" trailer

The sound was a lot better then the Lucasarts trailer, as well as the fact that it sounded like the sound(except for the music) was from the game.

Also, this trailer didn't jump around quite as much.

Oh, and if you compare the two trailers side by side, the new ones slightly taller.:D

I really didn't like the new one as much. The quality was worse on the new one, even though the sound was better I liked the music more on the the old one, but that's just personal preference. Also I think the person playing the game was better on the other one. On the first trailer he didn't get hit and made it look cool. On this one he did a lot of strafing and a lot of getting nailed. In the trailer I think the player should make Kyle look invincible, not try to kill him.

I don't like the force sounds at all. they are the orginal jk ones. it would be better if there was not such an annoying sounds for the most forces like force jump.

It seems that kyle does always a flip when he uses force jump, i hope u can do flip or jump independently from each other so its up to you if u do a flip or force jump

I wouldnt worry about the sound too much (in terms of the old sounds being used for force and weapons, etc.) Sound is usally one of the last things added to the game and it is quite possible that the foottage that we are seeing is from the demo showed to all the gaming magazines a few weeks ago. Im willing to bet that the sound will be amazing in the new game, and even though some sounds may return I'd like to believe that most will be new.

The quality wasn't stupendous, but it showed us a lot more in terms of gameplay than the first trailer, and it looked slightly better (the sound too).

From this trailer, I got a real sense of the gameplay, and it "felt" like JK again. I guess it was the rampant slaughter of stormtroopers and bounty hunters, and the sound effects.

Notice how the first bit (after the 30 seconds of titles) looks like Dark Forces (strafing around with the ST Rifle, shooting Troopers, in a nice gray building).. then you move onto the part that looks like JK (running around outside, slashing at crowds with your saber, being fired upon from all directions)... ; )

The saber glow around a person looks odd (esp. the green saber). Notice that Kyle saber is blue again, except in the obviously "multiplayer" scene where he has a green one.

No wall walking this time, but lots of Force use. The animations appear a bit odd in places, like they're overly stiff. I'm not sure if that's intentional, like it's meant to be a "martial artsy" type stiffness, or if I'm really controlling Al Gore or what...

But, needless to say, I had to watch it a few times.. definately gets me excited for the game.

Animations do look stiff. I'm not a fan of how the feet stick together and never move durring the force jump, even in obi they added some movement to them on the downward fall. Saber throw animation looks funny w/o any **** back and then throw animation, it just shoots out of his hand.

Anyone played the obiwan trailer next to jk2 trailer ? kinda fun...not really but its something to do

Have a look at the SP saber glows compared to the MP saber glows... the glow has obviously been increased in MP, probably to give away a saber users position easier.

Also, I'm going to be really P***** OFF if everyone you kill with the lightsaber goes flying across the room for no apparent reason. IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! And look, the first rodian who was killed with saber throw didnt go flying anywhere, but the guy who was hit on the return pass went flying straight past kyle! I really hope this isn't that way they make the saber feel powerful.

[Edit - Stormy - swearing :tsk: ]

Archived