Home

Editing the Q3 engine...

KirKanos

Hello,

I have some "limmited" experience with the various editing programs out there (3ds MAX, Rhino, ect.) what I am wondering is what in your opinion would be the best for editing the Q3 engine? I wish to get an early start on expanding this excellent game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kir Kanos

What kind of editing are you talking about?

Mapping? Modelling? Coding?

For mapping, use a version of Radient.

For Modelling, Milkshape 3D seems to be the best right now, although I like using GMax for modelling stuff.

As for coding, the only way you really can go is with Visual C++... unless you can get DevC++ to work with Visual C++ projects.

Hi all

I am new to this malarky so bear with me.

I've been playing around with Gmax and it's good fun and fairly easy to use. There's a game pack for quake 3 so that you can export your models and skins into quake 3 but does anyone know if this will be compatable with JKII?

Are the game packs specific to a Game or to an Engine?

thanks in advance

Actually, no. It means more options to move your model, less skeletal animations that you have to do yourselves and less headaches about decreasing polycount. The real headache and problems will come from making sure everything looks stunning and has the right amound of detail.

Archived