Home

Questions

jorus5

Here are some questions I have about GB:

1) Is it really true that processing centers collect just as quickly if they're not powered? I heard research is the only reason to power them. (Don't get me wrong, I would still power at least one.)

2) What is the reasoning behind garrisoning troopers in turrets? It seems like they could be attacking the enemy and adding more firepower, but instead the'yre inside the turret. I presume there must be some advantage to this; maybe they fire more efficiently? Maybe it's as simple as "they're not dead."

3)An opinion question: Which civilization's unique units are worth the cost of building?

Thanks,

Jorus5

In answer to your questions:

1. You're correct. Powering them only pertains to how fast they research things, not how fast the collection happens per se. That's why you really only ever need to power one of each. Any extras you build close to resources, later in the game, can be left unpowered.

2. When you garrison troops, ther are two advantages. First, the tower gets more attack ability when you garrison troops. It fires faster. Second, the troops get major amounts of defense from the tower (they're not harm-able till it gets destroyed).

3. All of them, IMO. Each unique unit has a function, if used properly, and I always build them to a greater or lesser extent. Air speeders are wonderful for knocking out heavy weapons and mechs. Crusaders are an excellent "troper substitute" for Naboo (since Naboo's troops are themselves a bit weak). Droiekas rock as a shielded, ranged infantry unit. Dark Troopers are excellent troopers with a nice, rapid fire rate and decent defenses. Berserkers chop the daylights out of mechs and heavy weapons (and troops!). And Fambaa shield generators are great for maintaining an army against enemy forces, without the need to regroup/reinforce repeatedly.

Garrisonning troops in towers also can fool human opponents (the computer doesn't care) into thinking that part of your base isn't as well defended. When they start attacking the "undefended" side of your base, kick them out of the towers for some wonderful surprise factor.

Disclaimor: This is theory. I've never actually played against human opponents but I'm sure that this strategy would rattle amatuers the first couple of times you do it.

SirKai

Archived