Home

Something odd in the PCG UK video...

Syko

Did anyone notice some weird stuff around 1:50 when he is bouncing bowcaster shots off the ground at some guy with a saber? The two things i noticed were:

1. There's a random voice in the background, "too close" or something like that.

2. The red text over the enemy's head. Maybe this is a video clip of multiplayer, and that's the player identification system? I few seconds later in the video, around 1:55, he is fighting another guy with a red saber (same one?) and the red text over the enemy's head is seen again.

I have a crappy AVI version of this video that's like 14mb...could anyone with the real video take a look and see what the text actually is? Is it a player name, or is it debug text (like "Reborn" or "Dark Jedi" or something)?

-Syko

i think player names are cool, as long as they can be toggled, and it'd be nice to be able to have them on the screen instead of over someone's head. maybe put it in the bottom-left corner like in CS instead of crowding the screen over their head.

I'm pretty sure the red text is the player's name, and only appears when they are in the target reticle, I think. I don't find that too distracting... As you've said, it would be nice if you could turn player names off...and I see no reason why that should not be included.

Vertigon the Ravenite has already owned up to being the voice heard in the background...it's a placeholder for a sound effect. :)

Originally posted by Syko

Did anyone notice some weird stuff around 1:50 when he is bouncing bowcaster shots off the ground at some guy with a saber? The two things i noticed were:

1. There's a random voice in the background, "too close" or something like that.

2. The red text over the enemy's head. Maybe this is a video clip of multiplayer, and that's the player identification system? I few seconds later in the video, around 1:55, he is fighting another guy with a red saber (same one?) and the red text over the enemy's head is seen again.

I have a crappy AVI version of this video that's like 14mb...could anyone with the real video take a look and see what the text actually is? Is it a player name, or is it debug text (like "Reborn" or "Dark Jedi" or something)?

-Syko

i think the part of the video is a mp game wit the red text ova the head. watch the video again and u will see that at the top left hand side u will see alot of words goin by..that when ppl die in the q3 mp game it says who died there...and kyle has a green saber there

what the text actually is? Is it a player name, or is it debug text (like "Reborn" or "Dark Jedi" or something)?

it is a player name..

Archived